WYZE rotate image NOT leaving with next app update?!?

Copy that Gwen. It popped up on my Cam Pan this morning after a SD card reformat as previously mentioned. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for it again, either way I appreciate you clarifying that this will only affect Can Outdoor, it’s appreciated!

2 Likes

Hi, everyone!

Popping by with some good news. I spoke with the team about the concerns folks were having and was told that we’re scaling back and will keep the feature. We’ll also keep the installation guide that covers the hardware complication so that should help with folks that are setting up their Wyze Cam Outdoor cameras for the first time. I asked about the idea of popping up a warning about the potential issue with a, “Don’t show me this again,” checkbox when I replied.

Thanks for the feedback, folks! We really appreciate it. :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Whatever they decide to do, maybe test the notification within the office to see if it confuses anyone before unleashing on your customers. Why would this message have been related to V2 or Pan cameras? It just causes confusion and has no value at all.

2 Likes

Reading between the lines here I’m thinking they did have every intention of removing the feature for all cameras including V2s and Pan Cams…?

3 Likes

All I can go by is WYZE’s (Gwendolyn’s) response saying it was aimed at the WCO only.

No, this was only ever planned for Wyze Cam Outdoor because of the complication with hardware-based motion detection.

We had tested the message but it sounds like something funky happened after that point. I reported this to the team and provided this link to show the reports.

8 Likes

It’s terrible that they basically are canceling the service that we brought the merchandise for I’m not sure about the person detection service either because I can’t find the link that says put in your fee or price I just see the subscription notice

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up (again) @UserCustomerGwen.

1 Like

If you are referring to the topic of this thread, they aren’t removing anything.

1 Like
4 Likes

Click Subscribe.
Screenshot_2020-10-05 Wyze Services(1)

Click Custom Amount.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Sorry, but when a company’s credibility is shot it’s hard to believe what you’re saying. Wyze management needs some adult supervision and process control.

3 Likes

These days I treat Wyze updates as I do Windows 10 update: It’s likely to mess you up, take something away, or break something.

2 Likes

I drilled holes in my house awning to mount this. Take away the 180 degree and this camera is useless to me. I used to rave about Wyze, now I’m just meh. Subscription based model and now this? I guess you get what you pay for… Well not really it seems.

2 Likes

They are keeping the 180 rotate feature.

5 Likes

@pejarnagin, @kjay is correct, Wyze listened to the feedback and is keeping the option to rotate 180

3 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ, But why did it get as far as it did in the software? Wyze should propose to the community what it’s intent is regarding software features before it gets to the coders… What am I missing?

Thanks for keeping the 180 flip.

3 Likes

Nothing. That’s the way WYZE works.
At least they listened.
Why are you mounting your Outdoor Cameras upside down?

1 Like