Wyze Robot Vacuum

is there any details about the wyze vacuum? i got an email about it launching in the morning for $180 (early access + coupon discount) but i’ve never heard anything about it before.

5 Likes

I, for one, wish that Wyze would stop introducing new products and work on resolving the issues they have with the current ones.

8 Likes

I’ve been with Wyze since the very beginning and I’ve unfortunately begun switching my home to other brands because Wyze still has not implemented HomeKit. I love the brand and recommend it to all my friends and family starting their own smart home, but as a power use that also needs the security and ease of use of HomeKit, its just getting frustrating. (I know that Wyze doesn’t make most if not any of their products themselves and just overlay their own software)

1 Like

What about using Homebridge to connect your devices to HomeKit?

1 Like

Just what was in the email…
The Wyze Robot Vacuum will include:

• LIDAR technology for room mapping
  • Efficient, straight-line path planning
  • Cleaning for both hard floors and carpet
  • Full control from your phone to set schedules, make virtual walls, or run impromptu cleanings
4 Likes

I’ve actually looked into that, only discovered it maybe a month or two ago. I’ve seen good and bad here and there depending on the brand or implementation. I’ve considered getting the Sterling Home Hub for my Nest. Do you have experience using Homebridge?

I have a Deebot N79SE that’s pushing 3 years old. It does not do the mapping or virtual walls so I may be interested. But experience has taught me the lower the initial cost is the higher the consumable costs are.

So I would want to hear about those first. For a robot vacuum that’s typically the two sweeper brushes and the main roller brush as well as the filters. And they tend to only last about 2 months max. My vac runs on a schedule every day for about 2 hours.

1 Like

I just started playing around with homebridge. I don’t know if it will work with Wyze hardware. Still, pre-ordered 6 v3 cams :laughing: Fingers crossed.

There are several plugins that support Wyze plugs, bulbs, and sensors in Homebridge. Also if the cameras are flashed to the RTSP firmware the standard ffmpg plugin works for the cameras.

4 Likes

I wonder why I didn’t get an email, I’ve signed up for every email thing I can find for Wyze, and I have gotten other announcements.

I do have to say that $180 (including a coupon discount) is not a revolutionary price though. Don’t get me wrong, it is cheaper than the MSRP of most others on the market (though saying $180 is including a discount means $180 isn’t the normal cost of Wyze’s either), but you can routinely find sales for others down at this price or sometimes lower.

Still, my wife has been in the market for a Robot Vacuum for a couple of years now, so I might get one. The last one she looked at, she finally decided not to get because she wanted one that allowed storing multiple maps (so we could use the same one on our different floors = technically 5 vacuum levels, even though several are just single step zones), and most Robot Vacuums only allow you to store one map…which means either having 5 separate vacuums or a really annoying time remapping it 5 times every time you want to vacuum a different room.

4 Likes

This is the first Wyze products the price will make me think again. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not cheap but $200 is not a great price point @WyzeTeam

4 Likes

From the clues in the email it looks like this will be similar to the Roborock S4 which retails for $400 and occasionally goes on sale to $300 so the wyze pricing is significantly better.

The sub $200 vacuums on the market don’t use LIDAR and generally do random vacuuming without storing a map, being able to clean select areas, set no go zones etc.

I’m really hoping the wyze model has multi floor mapping. If so I’m definitely in.

5 Likes

I just bought a Roborock S4 for $284, which was a very good deal at the time. Now I’m wondering if I should return it, since the Wyze looks like exactly the same thing.

1 Like

Thanks! That is helpful. I will certainly be checking it out, and very likely buy one too (for our main floor…I mean, we have 5 cats, so…too much constant FUR). I haven’t researched vacuum options as much as my wife has, so once it launches I’ll have her check it out.

I will for sure get it even without having my wife check it out if it does multi-floor mapping! I would think this shouldn’t be too hard to set up. I don’t expect it to be a feature at launch, but it would be awesome if they built it in eventually.

This could especially be awesome when Wyze launches their geofencing project…hopefully we can just tell the vacuum to run basically anytime nobody is home.

Vaccum Ver2 should be able to go up or down stairs…then Wyze will really take over the whole industry!

3 Likes

Well,… it will probably go downstairs… don’t know if it will survive though :joy:

4 Likes

It will have Cliff alert awareness. It won’t go downstairs :wink:. Unless you push it in which case you’re cleaning has just become a game of Clue

2 Likes

@Bam, you wouldn’t happen to be a tester would you? :wink:

2 Likes

Well with the non-disclosure agreement I wouldn’t be able to tell you if I was. But I can tell you as a maven we have a lot of questions just because we are going to be the ones helping a lot of people when things come out. And when it was marked as researching a lot of questions arose. Especially knowing the price points that Wyze likes to stay at. That was one of the concerns I had as well that I got my answer to.

3 Likes

I understand. As a tester of other Wyze products, we are usually granted permission to answer basic functional questions after the announcement. We just can’t talk about open issues or new features that are still in testing.

As for the original question of stairs, I think even the earliest auto-bot vacuums wouldn’t launch themselves down a staircase. But, it would be fun to watch. :rofl:

2 Likes

Not true. The original Roomba generations were more than willing to take a dive. They relied on flaky “virtual wall” battery powered electric eye beam units you’d place across doorways or stairways. They… SUCKED. One of several reasons I despised my Roombas.

My Deebot was $130 and handles everything across two floors, without issue, and returns to its base when it gets tired, and is controllable via Alexa voice commands. We’ve had the same brushes; we just clean them periodically. There is exactly nothing worth spending an extra $70 plus shipping, for us. I was hoping Wyze would be under $100 so I could get two and control them both from the same app. That is the only drawback of the Deebot skill.

4 Likes