Wyze Robot Vacuum - The upcoming Multi-floor Mapping update is even better!

WyzeHongfei,
I enabled beta option on Wyze App (IoS) and added my Wyze Vacumm, then the app offered to upgrade my vaccum to 1.6.173 (from 1.6.113), The app on my cellphone says updating but it’s been on that status for more than 1 hour and nothing no change…looking at my wyze vacuum I have the 2 lights pulsing white (meaning is updating or restarting)…

Why is it “not” upgrading… I tried last night and again this morning. Same status.

Update;
Tried the steps on " My Wyze Robot Firmware Won’t Update. – Wyze" but didn’t work. Held the Home button for 5 secs nothing was played (tried twice). Finally power off the vacuum and back on and voila it played Update succeeded, headed over to device info and it is now running 1.6.173 and the multilayer icon shows up on the map (haven’t tested the multi layer yet).

Will this feature be available for Android soon?

1 Like

I registered for the beta program and have testflight set up on iphone but my firmware still only shows 1.6.113 with no update available. Any ideas on how to get the proper firmware for multi floor mapping?

Unfortunately this was 9 months ago. Hopefully it will come out soon.

1 Like

Firmware is now showing 1.6.202. Still unable to remove the charging station from the 2nd map. Cleaned both mapped floor plans well. Looked for charging station after cleaning 2nd floor plan. I had put charging station back on 1st floor plan. I moved vacuum to 1st floor after it cleaned 2nd floor, changed map in app to 1st floor, pushed charge. Flawless return to charging station. :+1: Not perfect but recognizes each floor well.

hey, I was trying to try out the multi-floor mapping feature on the iOS beta app. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I can’t see the option to add another floor, my firmware is 1.6.113 and I can’t seem to update it. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you enable the robot vacuum under About > Beta?

Hey. I am very technically illiterate but will explain in my words. Hopefully it helps.
When you bring up the floor plan for your vacuum, on the right side there is an icon that to me looks like a triple decker graduation cap… I think it represents floor levels.
Clicking on that should bring up a choice to add a floor.
Then move the charging station to the level to map. Set vacuum to mapping.
Good luck

I have enabled my Wyze Robot vacuum to be a beta tester in the About > Beta and still don’t see a firmware update or the option to try multi-floor mapping.

Any ideas?

Also, when is the feature being released to the general public? Seems like it should be really close??

I did but still don’t see the option to test multi-floor mapping.

Any ideas?

@WyzeHongfei any suggestions on how to update to firmware version 1.6.173 to access the multi-floor mapping? I have already enabled robot vacuum from about>beta. Thanks for any help

The firmware on our vacuum is 1.6.202. I did nothing other than click on “ update firmware”
That’s what downloaded.

My firmware is 1.6.113 on the robot vacuum. Anyone know how to get to the 1.6.202?

When will this feature come out of beta and GA? It’s been almost a year that it’s been in beta.
@WyzeHongfei

New Robot Vacuum (220S model) and Wyze Customer here. Impressed with new vacuum , but like most here can’t get it to upgrade firmware past 1.6.113 (Plugin version 2.32.9), I’ve tried all suggestions in the forum. Like most, wondering if the beta rollout is delayed or I’m not doing something correctly. Is it time to call CS, or can someone here offer help?

Mine has 1.6.173, and it has multi-floor mapping with that version FWIW.

So am I stuck on 1.6.173, or is there an upgrade path?

I think 1.6.173 is the newest beta firmware. What you might also need is the beta version of the app to have multi floor option? I have same firmware and 2.32.0 (20) app version which you get through testflight. I use multi floor for over 8months now.

Update: I texted CS here through the Forum. They had me wipe the unit with the factory reset procedure, losing my existing mapping, signed out of the app, signed in, reattached wifi, remapped, and still no ability to update firmware. Wyze is sending a new unit and paying for shipping back of the unit I have ( :+1:). Not a fan of going into the Beta testing due to previous experiences, but it would be nice to know if this is a hardware problem (hence the new unit), or it’s just taking time to rollout the most updated firmware to us regular customers.