Wyze Robot Vacuum Setup Issue - 1/25/21

Exact same issue as you. Hopefully they find a way to help us.

Weā€™re working on it. Sorry this didnā€™t help the folks in here! Iā€™ll keep you posted with any updates I get. Iā€™m certain that weā€™ll get this sorted out. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I really didnā€™t do anything special. I have a tp-link router with an alphanumeric password (no symbols or special characters). During the ā€œconnectingā€ phase, I actually need up once and turned the wifi off on my mobile briefly. The setup failed that time, andi repeated the setup again, this time leaving the phone next to the vacuum and walked away. After sometime, I saw the screen asking me to rename the wyze vacuum. Sorry, I donā€™t think I did anything special for it to work.

If the hardware and the firmware and the software are the exact same, why will it work for some people and not others? That doesnā€™t make a lot of sense. There has to be some common variable causing the conflict for certain people. The above theory in post 44 about it being a weird filtering issue like happened to his Honeywell sensors is a good example of explaining why some people have problems and not others. Some ISP conflict or something that would affect lots of the same people. I just donā€™t understand what else it would be if all the other things are the same for those who have it working vs not.

1 Like

Iā€™m worried my fears about Wyze are becoming trueā€¦ getting too stretched thin with all these new product areas. Losing focus and I feel like theyā€™re lacking honest updates that lured me in all those cameras ago. :frowning:

This vacuum unfortunately has been nothing but a nightmare so far. Shippedā€¦ Delayedā€¦ Shipped againā€¦ Arrivedā€¦ Cant connectā€¦

Looks gorgeous but so far its just a $200 paperweight that my old shark robovac has been cleaning around since I ā€œset it upā€ yesterday. Just a shiny black circle with two flashing white lights.

Someday. Someday.

3 Likes

In the meantime while it isnā€™t connecting, you can still press the power button and it will start cleaning. Not ideal, but we have done it a couple times and it does a good job of mapping the area first and then cleaning it all. Much better than our old ā€œdumbā€ robot vac without any LIDAR sensor. Being able to connect to the app and eventual multi-level support will make this probably my favorite Wyze product.

1 Like

Oh, thatā€™s not too bad while youā€™re waiting then. This is how I almost always do my cleaning anyway since I switch between multiple floors so often that saving the map is meaningless. I always just carry it to whichever floor I want cleaned, and press power and it just remaps the floor anew and cleans until itā€™s done, then I carry back to the base in my office. If it will still work that way for everyone while they wait, itā€™s a great temporary solution while Wyze figures it out so it will show up in the app for schedules, virtual walls and alerts too. Thatā€™ll make it slightly easier for some people who are waiting for the fix. Thanks for sharing.

Just received my vacuum yesterday and experienced same setup issues as many went through here.

Thanks @nct that was definitely helpful!! I ran it this morning without the app and it did a good job of running around the house all on its own. Even returned to the charging base with no issue.

Hereā€™s hoping Wyze comes up with a solution soon!

1 Like

Got my vacuum yesterday and having the same problem. Tried all the fixes posted and no luck.

iPhones XS on latest iOS
Eero Mesh WiFi

@UserCustomerGwen and @dr.know goodmorning do you have any good news today?

2 Likes

I keep trying every day, Both on my android phone, and my Ipad. Keeping both updated to the latest beta app. I have tried all suggestions including turning off mobile data, forgetting the wifi. Power cycling. What i feel is happening is my Robot vac is joining my network. But the app does not know how to see it and will not complete the set up. The vacuum seems to be on the network via the router clients list i see a new wyze connection. However the app fails to see the device connects and thus fails. I leave feedback on the apple beta app but i believe they know whatā€™s going on. I just wanted to respond that it still doesnā€™t work as of late last night. 1/26/21 However i set it to vacuum up my house manually and let it do its thing and it did a GREAT job. So i am really looking forward for Wyze to work this issue out.

Same here. If they find a fix this would be an awesome product. I would just hate to send it back or worseā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m sure the Wyze team is making every effort to resolve this trouble in any way that doesnā€™t involve returning the vacuums. :mailbox:
Hopefully Gwendolyn will have an announcement when they emerge from the cave. :lab_coat:

Can you please update service status more regularly for the vacuum set up issue? After troubleshooting for hours yesterday I finally found the service status page. But since it hasnā€™t been updated Iā€™ve given up on setting mine up until I hear more so I donā€™t waste anymore of my time. Iā€™m glad you all identified the issue, but this issue starting the moment I open up the vacuum gives me serious doubt in how the product will perform and frustration I went with Wyze vs one of the many other available options.

2 Likes

As someone else recommended. You can run your vacuum without it being setup. It works in what I would call a basic mode.

1. I set up the power station and then the vacuum where I wanted them.
  2. Press Power and until it stated that it was beginning to clean
  3. The vacuum did an initial run around the outside of the room to find its boundaries
  4. after it found its boundaries it did a full clean on the floor
  5. when it was done it returned to where it started.

This is temporary and you donā€™t get any of the important features but hey at least itā€™s a vacuum for now.

5 Likes

This is not shooting a shuttle into space. A lot of us work in the IT world. I know what user error is. I deal with it everyday. This is a glitch related to either wyze firmware or the app. My router has worked with a 1000 devices and because suddenly it is not working with the Wyze robot, it is a compatibility issue on my side? This is not an ISP issue. There are best practices and standards to follow when making these machines. An ISP cannot suddenly become an issue if my router is working fine with 10 devices w/o a single issue. Please dont give Wyze any excuses to dump this on us.

2 Likes

I agree with you. Here is a screenshot of the vacuum connected to my wifi network but not being recognized by the app. Itā€™s connects and communicating (downloading/uploading) but not showing up in the app.

I donā€™t think the app and vacuum communicate directly. They go to the cloud and back, which is where the issue most likely lies.

Agree. And Wyze used to be great at this thing called communication when we were all snatching up those $20 cameras.

Itā€™s all fun and games until you buy a product that is 10x as much and they suddenly update us once every 36 hours. Not how they should be approaching this issue with some of their most loyal customers (early adopters) on their most expensive product.

$20 is disposable income. $200, not so sure.

2 Likes