Wyze Robot Vacuum - Room mapping. Path planning. Efficient cleaning

It appears that the robot vacuum will be announced 11/10/20.

5 Likes

Just don’t take it outside.

1 Like

I have the samsung powerbot. Would love to see how they compare and what the wyze team comes up with

I have a Roborock S4 and have been very happy with the battery life and its ability to map the house using LiDAR. I would switch to one from Wyze if it could compete with Roborock on power, battery life and room mapping.

So I checked what most users complain about robot vacuums. 1. Vacuum takes a lot of beating/ scratches by running into doors and tables 2. The brush roller get clogged easily 3. Battery life diminishes quickly 4. Self emptying is a great feature to have 5. Replacement brush and battery if included is highly desired.
If @WyzeTeam check these boxes and more, I’ll get the their first release

Funny I have NONE of those issues with my very inexpensive Ecovacs Deebot. (It doesn’t empty itself but that is not a well implemented feature even with Roomba.)

If it auto charges and docks itself when the battery is low is diminished battery life really a complaint?

1 Like

Saw this on Facebook.

4 Likes

What do you think the pricing will be? I’m guessing $99

$200

The special pre-order price will be $199.

2 Likes

I see @WyzeTeam gradually shifting away from their principle of bringing technology to the masses. $199 for v.1 robot vacuum?! There cheaper tested and trusted robot vacuum in the market right now.

1 Like

There are cheaper ones but with LIDAR technology they are still actually on the low end of price if you go look.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. But this price point will scare a lot of people.

Anyway, I’m getting two of it. I hope my discount code gets me $40.

1 Like

Completely agree, the LIDAR robot vacuums are in the ballpark of $400+ that include the mapping. This is a great deal as long as it is good suction. Excited to see the specs!

1 Like

From the clues in the email it looks like this will be similar to the Roborock S4 which retails for $400 and occasionally goes on sale to $300 so the wyze pricing is significantly better.

The sub $200 vacuums on the market don’t use LIDAR and generally do random vacuuming without storing a map, being able to clean select areas, set no go zones etc.

Really curious about the possibility of multi floor mapping on this. If so it’ll be a steal at this price point.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like it’s self-emptying from the pic… idk, I could be wrong. If it self empties I would def buy one.

$199 is not incredibly cheaper but still a decent price

Wow! LIDAR! ( Light Detection and Ranging) That is really going to be a game changer. I have three (3) Roombas , but they are all “dumb” older robots. Roomba makes newer, more expensive robot vacuums that are room mapping … but the Roomba Room Mapping vacuums AREN"T LIDAR. IMHO LIDAR is much better than iRobot’s Vslam. LIDAR vacuums can work in the dark. This guy explains why he thinks so also. But at the WYZE Vac’s price point. No brainer!

Scares me. My Ecovacs cost around $130 a year ago and does a fine job in my medium size home. I don’t care at all about room mapping. It bounces around randomly, covering everything in every room, until its battery runs down a bit, and then it goes home to charge. Far better in every way than my old Roombas. I can’t seem to find a new Wyze product I’m interested in. :frowning: Well, maybe the V3 and the scale.

3 Likes