Wyze robot vacuum - map editing & additional enhancements

You are not alone! A lot of us hope the next update will give increased flexibility in dividing rooms and placing virtual walls.

Ron Biddle
KA4RON

3 Likes

Create the ability to rotate the no- go zones. I need the box to be rotated some to fit the area Iā€™m trying to be removed from vacuum area.

1 Like

I have a large mirror that is leaned against the wall and touching the floor. When my robot vacuum cleans it sees this is as a doorway I assume and on my map it mapped the reflection in the mirror so now there is a room on my map that doesnā€™t exist and no way to delete it. Iā€™ve set a ā€œno-go zoneā€ to keep the vacuum from trying to enter the ā€œroomā€ but it would be cool if there was a way to delete rooms when editing the map.

1 Like

Same issue here. The wall separating LR and Kitchen appears to the vacuum as an ā€œobjectā€ instead of a wall since it opens all the way around. Iā€™d really like to use it to divide the rooms, but canā€™t.

1 Like

Same here as wellā€¦

Need a Go-Go Zone

My vacuum refuses to map under the couch. It used to vacuum under the couch. Iā€™ve run the quick mapping feature a couple of times and moved ottoman (which it will vacuum under and is the same height as the couch) and coffee table, but it refuses to map under the couch and sees it as a solid object and vacuums all around it. I picked it up and set it under the couch but by the time it came out from the couch it was all confused and the map was messed up. Would be nice to be able to add the couch to the zone. The no-go zone is great, but I need a go-go zone.

1 Like

Same issue Iā€™ve seen and reported a few months back. It ā€˜seesā€™ under the couch but doesnā€™t ā€˜goā€™ under the couch. Lately, itā€™ll partially go under and then quickly turn around and come back out.

1 Like

Weird. Mine loves to go under everything. Couch, chairs, beds, and rugs that it kicks up and goes under. I should take a video of that the next time it does that. :wink:

1 Like

Hey Guysā€¦
Is it possible in the feature to change ft2 to m2 . Iā€™m living and using robot vacuum in europe :wink:

1. It can be changed in the Settings - Edit map.
  2. You can click on the pencil icon to select Custom Map Modification.
1 Like

Came here because Iā€™ve been testing a few vacs and the Wyze is the first one Iā€™ve had create a crooked map. At least I know itā€™s a common issue.

From the looks of it, it even uses these crooked maps to plot the vacuuming lines as well. They should add the ability to realign the map or include an algorithm that realigns to the most lines that move in the same direction (this is how Roborock and Roomba appear to align).

Seems to be most things in the app are well completed, except the mapping. Compared to competitors base models, itā€™s missing these:

• Multi-mapping (e.g. 2 floors)
  • Spot cleaning (usually a circular pattern outward from where you select).
  • Realign maps
  • Multipass mode (at least I didnā€™t see it). The vac would clean the room in both directions, like a hatch pattern.

I am in the Beta program, and a couple of features have been added:

• Support for multiple floors (requires another base station, or moving the base station).
  • Rotating the No-Go zones.

While I have not had to rotate my no-go zones, they now can be. A challenge I do have with the no-go zones is that they cannot be narrow enough for it to correctly navigate around my desk feet. When I set the feet as no-go, it would stay too far away when vacuuming, so now I just let it bounce around in that space.

It appears the current software is V2.20.142, whereas the Beta is V2.21.26 which offers these features.

2 Likes

Robo Vacuum - better room splitting

Currently, room splitting only lets you split on exterior walls. This makes certain desired splits impossible to achieve.

Here is my current layout, red boxes added to make it more clear how the rooms are split.

The ā€˜diningā€™ and ā€˜livingā€™ areas are not ideal, as they actually contain more than one space each. The ā€˜diningā€™ contains our kitchen and dining room. The ā€˜livingā€™ contains the living room, entry, and hallway.

Preferably, I would like to split those rooms into more granular areas. Something like this

To get to that point though, the app would need to be updated to let me split against interior walls and other split lines. Right now if you try that, it will auto move the split back to an exterior wall and give an error.
cant split

5 Likes

Until they fix it (please fix it, Wyze!!), use boxes or other obstructions to create walls where you need them for the original mapping. Then you can remove the fake walls and split the rooms as desired.

Ed

I have 2 Roombas, a Shark AI, and a Wyze. I think the Wyze vac does the best job but this issue with room mapping is my biggest complaint. The Shark app is much better in this one aspect. If this were fixed I would rate the Wyze best of all robot vacs.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with the robot vacuum

I should be able to draw room splits anywhere, even if it doesnā€™t end on a location auto-determined to be an exterior point. Many rooms can share walls, and currently the app often demarks center sections as ā€œobstacleā€ rather than ā€œexteriorā€, and thus wonā€™t allow splitting.

In my experience, I have to explicitly close a door in order to ensure I donā€™t have any loops in my floor plan (while mapping). When the door is open, it marks all of the inner walls as potentially-navigable, and thus I canā€™t actually separate the rooms properly. However, this work-around for me is not possible for fully open-floorplan buildings, so there should be an option to subdivide even in the absence of walls.

Others have reported this issue too:

However I didnā€™t see it in the wishlist for voting, and there are currently 0 items in the roadmap tagged with wyze-robot-vacuum.

Here are some sample runs of my place, showing the open vs closed door results, as my own example of the division issue.

Another related post, of somebody wanting to put in interior division: Wyze Vaccuum Map on Open Floor Plan (Map Editor)

Room Dividing by Interior Walls - Robot Vacuum

The Robot Vacuum cannot currently divide mapped rooms using interior walls which are not connected to exterior walls/room boundaries. My #wishlist request is a simple coding fix to allow this.

In my case, I have an interior wall ā€œislandā€ between my kitchen and dining room with a hallway on the other side. I cannot appropriately divide these 3 spaces (see pic):

3 Likes

I want this too. I have the same frustrating issue. I ended up making a fake cardboard wall so the vacuum would better map the area, but itā€™s not the solution it should be.

2 Likes