Wyze robot vacuum - map editing & additional enhancements

You dont have to request update. There is an option to reset map (not remap, reset map) that will delete the old map. Then click on clean and it should work the same old slow way … try it

I’m seeing this as well. Does a great job not banging into things. Our Roomba beat up the house and walls a lot. But every once in a while a “Full Edges” mode would help get into some of the kitchen edges and the edges of the couch. Would also love a way to identify something as a couch. That way it could go under there on some runs. Love this product so much!

Significant improvement!
I deleted old maps and schedules.
Did the quick map and then split rooms [splitting is still a bit convoluted]
Re-entered the schedules.
So far it has been perfect…cleans [very well—seems to pick up so much more than the old Roomba or Iclebo] as scheduled. Has not gotten lost or become disconnected from wifi. Has not gotten stuck under things…thanks to the red room edit boxes.
It now appears to be working as planned.
Fingers crossed
Mike

It! I’m back to this again after a full week of flawless operation. I got the lidar blocked message and then the crooked map. I tried again but it didn’t get even a foot off the base before it freaked out. I don’t see anything blocking the lidar, or even any dirt…
Come on Wyze, get this fixed before you see a bunch of return requests.

Here’s what happened when I tried again. It wants to angle the room, but follows the direction of the original map in the middle.
So freaking frustrated that I have to delete the map and start over again.

The same thing happened to me. The room turned at an angle and robot didn’t believe where the charger was. The quick map feature was nice tho and my frustration was quelled easily. It remapped and I reset rooms in less than 10 mins. Don’t want to do it all the time, but is q relatively quick fix.

Interestingly, I decided to have it clean just an area without remapping, and it executed the job with no issues.

How? This is great and I want that but how did you do this? I have two rooms, one big room1 with everything and one small room2 of the hallway. Tried adding virtual walls, splitting the room but can’t get the editor to match up. Is there any instructions with examples on how to do this?

I’d suggest deleting the map and starting over. I’ve done this 5 times now. It sucks, but until they get the app worked out, it’s the only way I’ve found to get it to working condition.

I’m please to say that after I had it do just the hallway, it seems to have corrected the misaligned bedroom without having to reset the map.

1 Like

I’ve had an issue this week where the robot gets lost on its way to the room it’s supposed to be vacuuming. Once it got to the room it’s way off in the map and thinks it’s on the other side of the wall. Today it stated heading to the bedroom but didn’t even make it there and eventually gave up on its own, and then couldn’t find the way back to the base. I had to move it and press the home button again.

I also tried this with zone cleaning, not scheduled, and it still got lost.

I am reluctant to re-map the house, but expect that is the next step.

1 Like

Hi…can you tell me what the quick map feature is? Is it possible just to remap just one room and not the whole house? Thanks.

The ‘quick map’ feature is found when you are doing the initial map. There is also a ‘remap’ if you go into the map editor and click on the 3 dots in the upper right. Currently there is no way to just remap one room that I am aware of.

2 Likes

got it…thanks

Both eventually do the same thing.

I did the re-mapping yesterday, took 14 minutes. As compared to the first time I mapped when it had to vacuum the whole house, this was great!!

Watching it was interesting, enter a space, look around, move around, proceed to the next space. Pass a room, and on the way back enter that room, look around, and so forth. Reviewing the map afterwards, I found some dog toys underneath the couch …

While I had to re-define the rooms, and re-schedule the cleaning, it seems better now. It does not navigate underneath the dining table go to another room, but actually goes around the table. Same thing on return, even though going underneath (through the chair legs) would be a straight shot.

So far so good with the re-mapping.

1 Like

Wondering if folks are using vacuum to clean under couches. Our couches have a 4” skirt so vacuum thinks it’s a wall. We want it to go under there sometimes tho. When we place it down there, it escapes immediately. Like if it knows it’s inside a wall. Wish we could do a blind clean like once a month.

Yeah, i have that problem to. It doesnt understand that its movable furniture and skips everytime even if I move it to clean under. My last $75 dumb robot vacuum could clean under, when I used to move the furniture. But this “SMART” one is too smart for the task.
It has a front sensor, its just not utilized well. Once the map is created, it just goes according to map. Which is not so bad thing in case of walls. But definitely bad in case of furniture.
When I moved the furniture, it refused to go in that place. I blocked it from going anywhere else. But no matter what I do, it just kept on refusing to go there! Bad algorithm!

This was in the area clean mode. In the normal clean (whole floor) mode, it went there, but at the end it asked if I want to accept the map changes, and when I said yes, it just created walls at the new position of my furniture which is in the middle of the room.

They have a good product. I love the way it cleans. But these other annoying problems … donno when i will get rid of them!

1 Like

I just remapped with the quick-map function. It only took about 10 minutes to do the 1700sqft ground floor.

What is the quick map function ?