Wyze Robot Vacuum and Android App

So far, I like my WRV, which we have nicknamed “Wylma”. A definite upgrade over out Roomba 690.

My issues are with the app. Despite there being more Android phones in the world, developers always seem to focus on iOS apps first. I’m having several problems with the Android beta app v2.17.6 on my Google Pixel 5. (I had to join the app beta program to have access to the map editor, which is apparently much more fleshed out in iOS.)

1. Cannot split rooms. “Operation failed. Please check your connection try again.” It doesn’t matter if I’m at home or away. I can start and monitor cleaning jobs, so I don’t know what the “connection” issue is.

2. Problems with virtual walls. If I want them to be basically square to block off a larger area, then I’m fine. but I can’t resize them to be a long, thin “wall”. Once I drag to resize, I cannot move the “wall”. it will either disappear or increase to a much larger, random size.

3. The “map only” mode that has apparently been added to the iOS app would be a very welcome addition.

4. I’ve opened several support tickets via email, going back to January 12, but no replies at all. (Chat doesn’t work for the WRV, either - It keeps asking me about my thermostat.) Come on, Wyze, you’ve got to be better than this if you want to compete with the big boys.

1 Like

Same experience here. Pixel 4xl if it matters.

@WiseOleDude, I finally heard from Wyze. Here was their recommendation, and it worked for me:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of the BETA app.
  2. Log out of the app.
  3. Force stop the app.
  4. Restart the phone.
  5. Log into the app.
  6. Reset the map.
  7. After you reset the map, you’ll see some text that says, “Click the button below for Quick Map”. Except there is no button. You need to click on the “Quick Map” text. The vac will now remap the house without cleaning. It goes much faster and uses much less battery. It remapped my 1,400 sq. ft. floor in about 25 minutes.

After doing all of this, the room splitting and virtual wall issues were fixed.

1 Like