WYZE - Resume Schedule Function / Away Mode Issue

When I have set the thermostat to away mode, even while I’m still away, a schedule (such as Sleep) will take over the Away mode and put it into the Sleep schedule. This makes no sense since I’m still away. Once the thermostat is in away mode, it shouldn’t move back to the normal schedules until auto away tells it to, or I arrive at home and put it into Sleep. I use device triggers to set my thermostat to Away mode because the current auto mode puts it into away mode if the user with the phone leaves the house, and if no one passes in front of the thermostat. But that doesn’t work when there’s still someone downstairs (where the thermostat is not).

This brings up another point that a trigger that should be possible in rules is “resume schedule” so that instead of having to set it to a specific mode when you arrive home, it can just “cancel” away mode and resume whatever schedule should have been happening at the time.

Without this combo of features I can’t truly automate away/home mode with the thermostat because right now the app only does auto away with one phone. What about when you live with more than one person (like most people do)? I’ve found a way to trigger rules based off everyone in my house being gone and the first person arriving, but without the Away mode holding until it’s cancelled and the rules having the ability to “resume schedule” I can’t replace what I was doing with my Ecobee previously.

A simple solution to this as well would be to just add “Start Hold” and “Cancel Hold” inside of the rules and triggers.

I have experienced the same issue as well. It doesn’t make sense to me, if I’m Away I want it to STAY in away mode until I get home THEN resume whatever scheduled I have set for sleeping/awake etc. Please fix this!!

I think there is a difference between Away and maybe Vacation. I like(d) how Away worked by motion triggering it from Away.
That no longer works, now it is purely geofence which I don’t like.

Yes, please bring back the motion detector override feature. If someone is at home detected by the motion sensor then override the away mode to home mode. The recent update 1.18 broke this feature.

2 Likes

Simple thermostat feature

A simple toggle to inhibit away mode on the thermostat would be great. Currently a new schedule must be created.
This would help during times with extra guests or kids home from school, like holidays or summer break. After a set time in weeks, away mode inhibit toggles off and away is active again in schedule. Simple and helpful.