Wyze product updates - 02-17-2020

Smooth Loki, there are many of us that will appreciate that

Loki brought up a point that caused me to wonder. Wyze is a fairly young company and router tech has not changed much since they were established.

But… informal survey here, 219 users questioned, 125 responses. (My neighbors and fellow condo residents).

Vast majority of the respondents were either AT&T Uverse users or Spectrum Cable. Of those the vast majority are using the vendor supplied hardware.

AT&T hardware is mostly either 2009, or 2011 vintage. Spectrum users are much more varied using hardware as old as 2005, to the newest which is 2014 vintage. The majority on older hardware.

I suspect this holds true pretty much nationwide. So while router tech has not changed much since Wyze was founded. Most folks are using outdated tech that was out of date when Wyze started.

We did the survey 3 months ago because Google is twisting the HOA’s arm to compel owners to allow them to prewire every unit with their fiber.

1 Like

I suppose they could have run a market analysis to identify the base group and what hardware they are already using, I would be interested to know the age breakdown of Wyze customers… me thinks it’s probably 40 and up

2 Likes

I dont have any issues seeing My cameras in the wyze app just on the google home hub & they use to work fine till wyze said the finished the integration now none of them stream on it

1 Like

El camino I have the same experience and are going to buy an Alexa because they say it does work with alexa.

1 Like

I cant say I blame You My Daughter has Alexa Me it’s Google but I know she has a Few problems too not often though

1 Like

WYZE and Google are both working on this, hopefully something will get figured out

1 Like

camera sys it works with Alexa so we will see. Alexa arrives tomorrow so I will know soon when I say “Alexa show yard camera” and it will show it or say I can’t work with this camera.

Just change to Alexa its easier and faster. Otherwise you may have to wait forever.

Recommend the Echo Dot, full featured and does integrate with Wyze

If past performance is indicative of future problem solving then I have some florida real estate for you

Both Amazon and Google video display devices share the same buffering problem. My iPhone and iPad do it flawlessly

The iPhone and iPad (or Android phone and tablet) can run the Wyze app directly for streaming. The Google and Alexa (Amazon) connectivity is achieved via a linked set of calls. A “skill” in Alexa terms. This adds a layer or two between the camera and display device.

Most days my Alexa Show is 3-5 seconds delayed compared to my phone or tablet. Some (very few) days it’s much worse or won’t connect. Since I don’t allow anything on my network to talk to Google I can’t honestly compare the two but I believe their performance is roughly similar.

With the RTSP software and using VLC software for displaying the video there is only a 0 to 1 second delay.

1 Like

Echo Dot wont show video though

Perhaps I mis-read your post… Of course you are right. The ‘show’ series and the ‘spot’ all are capable of displaying video albeit at the same time Presenting certain caveats.

1 Like

Good information thanks for sharing

[Mod Edit]: Spam link removed.

I was going to ask the same. Currently, i have few dumb water leak sensors and looking to replace them with connected ones. @WYZE, please make sure they support ZigBee in addition to WiFi.

1 Like

Now that my wired Wyze doorbell won’t connect any longer I have unhooked it and now dont have a doorbell - which may or may not be a bad thing.