Wyze plugs KEEP going offline, with only fix being pulling it and replugging it in

All I can tell you is 1 person labeled as WYZE TEAM replied in that thread two times. Both replies were AFTER the firmware was released and then eventually pulled. Granted there were several replies from forum mavens / moderators, but I doubt those people are on the dev team.

2 Likes

meh, though used a lot, forums suck for bug reporting systems. And lumping multiple products into a single thread is nightmarish. And forums tend to attract side chatter and unrelated things as well.
I wouldnā€™t want to be a PM having to sort through and triage that stuff.

2 Likes

I actually donā€™t ā€œneedā€ to do that. I am just letting others know itā€™s not working, still.

1 Like

A Simple On/Off plug with issues? Wyze just announced Wyze Air Purifier so I cannot wait on reported issues. Wyze has turned into a Catalog Company that should be in every Plane seatback.

Iā€™ve been waiting for a Wyze Pacemaker announcement.

6 Likes

Amen, preach itā€¦

SJ

The new Fingerhut?

(I like my Wyze products (except for the Wyze Car), I just wish they were a bit more reliable and bullet proof)

SJ

I donā€™t have my account in front of me at the moment but there seems to be another beta firmware released today. Nothing posted anywhere in the forum that I can find giving any information.

1.2.0.199 Beta, attempted to upgrade on two of my four plugs, fails on iOS, also fails on Android.

SJ

Hey SJ, you need to post that over in the Beta forum :laughing:

Sorry, couldnā€™t help myself!

Done, thank you,
SJ

Going to paint my 20+ plugs chartreuse, sprinkle some glitter while the paint is drying, add a couple of treble hooks to the hot and ground pins, then go big mouth bass fishingā€¦

Oh, sorry, was that off topic?

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, Nixhome. Our dev team will look into the log and fix the issue ASAP.

Best wishes,

Xiaolong

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: Iā€™ve heard that a couple times myself !! ā€œFix the issueā€ ahhh you are killing me Im laughing so much!!!

( I need to stop posting, they are targeting me, now my doorbell has started giving O7 codesā€¦)

Iā€™m very hesitant to say anything, but my 4-plugs are now on their longest stretch without an issue since this whole fiasco started. I havenā€™t made any changes on my end at all and am still running the .179 firmware.

I experienced an issue with one plug the morning after the brief WYZE outage last week. Ever since then my plugs have been solid.

Sure seems like things have ā€œimprovedā€, much fewer posts about blinkers.

They pulled the . 199 beta, nobody could install it, may have been a mistake.

Iā€™m on beta 183 and did have 1 plug go offline blinker on me and Iā€™m almost certain it was because I had interrupted internet access and it failed to Auto reconnect. I submitted the log and they acknowledged that they received it.

There may be light at the end of the tunnel

In my case, I gave up for the time being. I needed reliable plugs and switched them out with another brand for now. Once the 183 beta had similar failures, I gave up.

1 Like

Well I spoke about 2 hours too soon. Shortly after posting that I had a plug start blinking. Power cycling the plug didnā€™t resolve the issue and I had to add it to the app again.

Go figure; this morning 2 other plugs were offline. One resolved itself with a power cycle and the other had to be re-added. The one that was re-added sits closer to the wireless access point.

New Theory:
Personally, Iā€™m starting to think the issue is on the back end, as others have suggested. Maybe there is a set of Amazon servers that cause these issues for customers but none of the other Amazon servers do? This could explain why I was able to go a week and then wham, 3 of 4 have had issues in < 24-hours.

Iā€™m assuming that WYZE services are load balanced between multiple servers and multiple data centers throughout the Amazon cloud. Maybe all is well for us customers until our WYZE items reside on the problematic set of servers or data center?