Wyze plugs KEEP going offline, with only fix being pulling it and replugging it in

same here I might wait just a little longer also. Just glad the plugs remember there last on/off state so the camera does stay on but no way to reset it remotely with out the plug working if camera goes off line.

Thanks for info please post any more. Going to wait a little bit to see how this new beta works before giving it a try.

I’m just joining the chorus on this sad hymn about Wyze Plug.

I just have two (decided to test the waters before jumping in) and both disconnect about once a week.
Funny thing, they always seem to disconnect really early in the morning (about 2 AM) and the blinking blue light is easy to notice in the dark rooms. Most of the time they do not disconnect at the same time. And they just stay blinking, waiting to be connected, for hours.

Both have the CFH denomination and now are running on 1.2.0.179 - It seems this version adds more stability, I’ve been monitoring this thread for a while and decided to post now, but they have not disconnected for more than a week now. Mmmm.

1 Like

Sad to say, that even with 1.2.0.183, the issue is not fixed.

I installed this beta version on four plugs. It’s been, maybe 5-6 days?? Can’t remember exactly when I did it.

In any case, last night I rebooted my access point and this one plug failed to come back. It’s fast blinking it’s blue light. Tried just unplugging it and back, didn’t work. Had to do the reinstall.

1 Like

Sad to hear but consistent to what I found on .179 firmware.

I had a really unstable cable connection for a while that caused my router to reboot as often as once a day. During that time, the plugs were a nightmare. Once that was repaired, they became much more reliable but not ‘cured’. The time period changed from one to three days blinking to as much as almost two weeks. But no consistency.

I was sitting thinking about this and thinking about the number of connected devices I have. Even during the worst of the connection issues and router reboots, only these plugs failed to reconnect. And more often than not, they are reset to no longer being part of the app, requiring a reinstall. It’s as if they do a complete reset to factory setup. Coming from higher end business IT world, I don’t reboot my router unless there is a reason. But I do know that they reboot for push updates and power glitches. I haven’t checked the logs nor do I care to for the sake of these plugs.
As I’ve said in other posts, these plugs need to be viewed as part of a security system and have reliability that goes with that. Sure, they can be ‘lazy’ turn on the lamp gizmos, but they need to provide a level of service if someone wants to use them while away or as part of a trigger rule.

You need to post this in the applicable beta topic for Wyze dev visibility. Also, please submit a log file and post Log ID when you encounter issues to help developers pinpoint the issue. Beta topic for 1.2.0.183 firmware is located here:

1 Like

LOL - Maybe that’s how it is supposed to work, but clearly that is not how it has been working. If that were the case and the BETA threads were read by “WYZE dev” teams then .179 would have never been released! Go back and look at all of the complaints about that version of firmware in that BETA thread. All the comments and logs that were submitted didn’t stop WYZE from releasing the firmware to the public then pulling it less than 3-days later.

1 Like

Four plugs in the house, one flasher this morning, the plug at my desk, all four devices are close to a Wireless AP (Netgear Nighthawk Mesh system.)

Firmware: 1.2.0.183
Log ID: 538958

SJ

1 Like

Those are two distinct issues. Wyze developers read and comment to beta topics…go back and read the beta 1.2.0.179 topic. I have no idea why and when Wyze chooses to push a firmware update.

All I can tell you is 1 person labeled as WYZE TEAM replied in that thread two times. Both replies were AFTER the firmware was released and then eventually pulled. Granted there were several replies from forum mavens / moderators, but I doubt those people are on the dev team.

2 Likes

meh, though used a lot, forums suck for bug reporting systems. And lumping multiple products into a single thread is nightmarish. And forums tend to attract side chatter and unrelated things as well.
I wouldn’t want to be a PM having to sort through and triage that stuff.

2 Likes

I actually don’t “need” to do that. I am just letting others know it’s not working, still.

1 Like

A Simple On/Off plug with issues? Wyze just announced Wyze Air Purifier so I cannot wait on reported issues. Wyze has turned into a Catalog Company that should be in every Plane seatback.

I’ve been waiting for a Wyze Pacemaker announcement.

6 Likes

Amen, preach it…

SJ

The new Fingerhut?

(I like my Wyze products (except for the Wyze Car), I just wish they were a bit more reliable and bullet proof)

SJ

I don’t have my account in front of me at the moment but there seems to be another beta firmware released today. Nothing posted anywhere in the forum that I can find giving any information.

1.2.0.199 Beta, attempted to upgrade on two of my four plugs, fails on iOS, also fails on Android.

SJ

Hey SJ, you need to post that over in the Beta forum :laughing:

Sorry, couldn’t help myself!

Done, thank you,
SJ