Wyze Plug: power cycle on loss of internet connection

It has been stated before that this is not possible because the instruction to turn the switch on or off comes from the internet. Would it be possible to program a reset button using a timer? Something like:
1- Turn the plug off,
2- Wait 15 seconds (If a part of the device is remaining on even while the plug is off, which is what is listening for the turn on signal, I don’t see why a timer wouldn’t work here),
3- Turn the plug on

Ubiquiti has a smart plug now that will auto reboot itself on loss of internet. Check it out https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi-accessories/products/unifi-smart-power

And only 19 bucks.

2 Likes

Tech support sent me here to vote for this, because I’m also looking for the simpler idea of a timer to turn off the power, wait an interval, and turn it back on.

1 Like

This is exactly the feature I was going to create a wishlist topic for.

Looking more at the Ubiquiti plug, I see that it requires a Ubiquiti controller in your network. The plug doesn’t work alone.

1 Like

Son of a weasel! :rage: I was all excited about that $19 solution until I just saw your post.

THANK YOU for the quick heads up!!
:+1: :+1:

You can install the controller on any pc it’s free. I have a ubiquiti power plug at home now and it works as intended.

2 Likes

Awesome - THANKS!!

:+1: :+1:

So just have this on the network when you set it up, sorta like a cloud key, right?

So the controller is like the cloud. Key where you would. Import the plug into. The controller but if. You have a cloud key you can import the plug Into that.

1 Like