Wyze Plug Outdoors Review

I know the Wyze Plug is not intended for outdoor use, especially in extreme climates, but I wanted to share my experience with the community so you have an idea of what works and what doesn’t.

I have Wyze Plugs set up in outdoor locations in MN. One in a detached garage and one at an exterior outlet location which is directly exposed to the elements and powers a set of string lights over a deck. The garage Wyze Plug has experienced temperatures down to 3 degrees Fahrenheit with no issues.

The exterior outlet has experienced temps down to 9 degrees Fahrenheit and a 9-inch snowfall.
The only issue I have experienced with this Wyze Plug was self-imposed when I knocked it out of the outlet when shoveling the snow on the deck.

Not sure if being plugged into an outlet power source all the time creates enough heat to keep the units happy or if they are simply hardier than I assumed. What I do know is that the Wyze Plugs have been performing flawlessly.

3 Likes

Great to know as I want to use one outdoors on a deck that is pretty well protected from the elements except under heavy winds when the rain may blow into the wall where my outlet is. We are in South Carolina and don’t have much snow, but we get temperatures from +20 to almost +100 and lots of humidity for 6 to 8 months a year during the heat. For the price, I think I’ll do my own test based on your success!

1 Like