WYZE plug on/off issue

Hopefully that will work as it should

The Wyze plug will randomly go on/off if in vacation mode. How it got there, beats me.

It would be nice if in the Wyze logging of rules, etc ā€“ it would show the timer going on/off as a result of being in vacation mode (whether on purpose, by bug or by accident)

Has anybody received any feedback from Wyze about this problem? I have 2 outdoor plugs and 4 indoor plugs and ALL are having the same problem - Turing off at whatever times the plug chooses. I have deleted all the schedules and rules. Now Iā€™m trying with 1 schedule and no time of day schedules to see if that works. It would be helpful if wyze chimes in.

Thankfully, I donā€™t have any issues with my plugs. You may first check your rules history to see if the rules follow the schedules that you set.

Glad to hear that you donā€™t have any problems with your plugs. SInce several people have raised the same issue, it would appear that there is definitely something wrong - with on the user end or with the actual product.

I have 4 wyze indoor plugs. 2 of them have been used consistently for more than a year, 2 of them only occasionally. I set them up for my indoor holiday lighting only to find that they either wonā€™t automatically turn on or turn off. Seems kind of random. Manually in the app they respond, but scheduling is no longer working.
I factory reset them all and tried again, 2 worked for a day then stopped again. I ended up replacing all 4 with another brand.

This is discouraging, this thread was started 2 years ago and the problems apparently have not been resolved.
I have been using the android app for several years. My 3 first gen plugs had been responding to rules that I had set up. I added a couple of the new plugs to run xmas lights and added them to existing rules. Now all the plugs no longer respond to the rules that I had set up. Some will turn on at set times but not turn off. A couple of others will not respond at all to the rules. They all work with manual control. Tried many of the attempted fixes listed above such as deleting and creating new rules and each plug with its own rule but so far my automation is in the dump.
I am going to have to return the new plugs and look to a different system.

What Iā€™m wondering is why Wyze has not responded to an of these concernsā€¦I have put a hold on any future purchases based on this performance.

I have the same issue with IOS, I just bought new 2021 plugs and outdoor plugs and they are pretty erratic, sometime they follow the rules, sometimes not, sometimes they show on when they are off and vice versa. My old plugs are still working though. I use new rules for the new plugs though