WYZE plug on/off issue

Wondering if anyone else is having an issue with Wyze plug scheduling. Auto on/off is not consistent. I have had my plug set up now for about 2 weeks. I have a floor lamp set to turn on at 7pm and turn off at 11pm. It has gone on at 7pm consistently 100% of the time but has only turned off at 11pm approximately 50% of the time. I wake up in the middle of the night and need to turn the plug off manually through my Android app. It has a mind of its own as to if it will turn off by itself. I updated the firmware on the plug and I have the beta app. I have reprogrammed it a few times but that defeats the purpose of having it. Any ideas? Thank you!

2 Likes

I have not experienced your specific scenario but for 3 days running my Hue light would not turn on when my Ring contact sensor opened on my sliding back door. Then all of a sudden it started working again. I was using an Alexa based routine. Welcome to the wonderful world of IoT!

Yes the mystery world of IT. Many gremlins in it. I went to my phone settings and enabled “Shut Off Immediately” after closing the Wyze App. Maybe that will help.

2 Likes

This has happened to me too. One day the 2 rules worked and the second day they didn’t with to turn it my plug. I changed it to a single rule now and I feel it has been running more smoothly. Do you have it set up as one rule or two rules?

1 Like

Hi and thanks! I do have it set as one rule. I find that deleting and then recreating the rule has helped for a couple of days and them it goes back to not wanting to turn off. I’m going to replace it with my spare and see if I have the same issue. I probably should have thought of that already. DOH! Thank you!

2 Likes

Indeed! Scheduling does appear to be ready for prime time! In addition to erratic on-off behavior, the app is not clear as to how to actually program the schedule.

Welcome to the community, @xerothecat! You can find many helpful articles on the Wyze support pages. :slightly_smiling_face:

Rules & Schedules

2 Likes

Probably the easiest solution would be to create another event to turn the light off a second time at 11:01 pm.

Sure. But that won’t help with the WyzePlug randomly turning on. The problem is that the app is poorly designed and and it probably isn’t even a beta version at this point.

That is truly odd behavior. Fortunately my plugs are rock solid. I would definitely open an issue with Support.

You can create a ticket here.

I have deleted all previous scheduled on/off times, quit the app and shut down my phone and restarted it. I selected the Wyze Plug and added a rule to turn on the plug at 7:00 p.m. (the was at around 6:30) , I set another time to turn off at 1:30 a.m… The Wizen plug turned on at 7:00 however it turned itself off around 8:30p.m… Later, it turned itself on again around 10:05 p.m. I am about to go to bed and will see if and when it turns itself off. I can turn the plug on and off manually with the app. It just turned itself off at 10:27!

It appears the app is not working unless the actually hardware is faulty.

1 Like