Wyze Plug goes offline alot

Agreed. Iris, you may want to ask for a replacement. Im sure Wyze will stand behind their products. They seem like a good company so far.

Thanks - they already replaced one.

I have two plugs (came in same package) that have been doing this, it’s going to the point where it’s just about daily. I just got the plugs on December 6th and they went offline 2x in the first month and now do it every other day to every day. I have a 1200 foot townhouse with xfinity WiFi and never have an issue getting WiFi to work where the plugs are. Support told me they were too far away from the router but really? I live in a small, 2 bedroom house. The WiFi signal shows as strong from my phone. It’s very frustrating having to delete and readd both plugs so often. I am often not home and I got these plugs specifically so I could control some lights while I’m away so this is crazy disappointing.

6 Likes

I setup 2 plugs at my Grandparents house so that i could remotely power cycle something for them when it accepted up.

They are connected to their wifi, I can see that via remote access to the router, but the WZE app when i log into that account, shows them both offline.
What gives?
I have no way to re-setup the plugs as I can not be there physically.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. I just reported it to them. We’ll see what they say.

1 Like

Just posted this here…maybe should be here.

ugg…my plugs are all cycling offline and online the last hour or so…with out me having to do anything.

Still having plugs go offline in the app…but they still are conencted to my wifi and work via Google home app, just not in the Wyze app. The LED on the plugs do blink.

I’m having the same issue with 5 plugs at my parents house. Sometimes all are online, sometimes all are offline, sometimes one or two are online with the others offline. It doesn’t make any sense. I have 9 plugs in my house, and they do not exhibit this behavior.

I deleted one of the plugs from my parents house, but was unsuccessful at being able to re-add it. The app kept hanging.

I even shut down and restarted the modem / router to eliminate that as a possible issue.

1 Like

I had a problem with plugs not staying connected, which kills the automatic action “turn off after 2 hours”-- if the plug goes offline, it never turns off.

That code is simple enough it should be running on the plug itself. Relying on the phone to be connected and functional is a non-starter for any critical applications.

2 Likes

Try putting your phone in airplane mode and then turning on wifi only. Sometimes the cellular data and wifi cause confusion. I do that anything I connect IOT things. This is not unique to wyze.

1 Like

Why would I want to do that? It’s a phone, used to make phone calls. This is not a setup problem, this is an everyday problem. The fact Wyze plugs can’t always talk to the phone and fail when they can’t is not the phone’s problem. (If they are talking to the internet to get their marching orders, well that doesn’t always work either.)

It would be stupid-simple to run standalone rules like ‘turn off if on more than 2 hours’ on the plug itself rather than rely on connecting to a phone or internet that might be off or out of coverage or on a plane or whatever.

Your comment sounded like you were having difficulty re-connecting them after the fact. That is why I suggested what I did. You only use it in airplane mode for the setup, not for normal use. But do whatever you want. I was only trying to help. Maybe be clearer with your comments?

I said “plugs not staying connected … if the plug goes offline, it never turns off.”, not me connecting to them. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

I have 2 new plugs. Got one to work, the other won’t connect… But now discovered that the 1st one is Off line :frowning:

@granbjd22 Usually restarting the router will get them connected again. It’s worth a try and it has worked for me many times. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

did that already … Got the most important plug back on line (which it never should have gone offline to begin with) the 2nd plug, Wyze is sending me a new one…

1 Like

I’m also having this same issue with Wyze plugs, especially the plug controlling my living room floor lamp. I’ll delete the plug from the Wyze app and then add it back in. Everything works after that only to see it appear as offline when I check it from work. I’ve rebooted my router and it helps for a while but this should not be something I have to do in order to get the Wyze plug to remain online. Last week I had my WIFI upgraded from 6 Mbps to 25 to accommodate the 16 WIFI devices I have online so the signal strength from my router shouldn’t be an issue. And the router is only 10 feet away from the Wyze plug. I just added my Wyze Pan Camera to the list after having it disconnected for months because I decided to go with a V2 camera in this particular spot in my living room. The Pan Camera is working really well, even from work. Quite happy. Hopefully the new Wyze Video Doorbell complements the whole setup.

1 Like

These outlets simply do not work, i guess that is why they are so cheap,

3 Likes

Both my Wyze plugs will not stay online, And the process to setup and link to Alexa is time consuming and dodgey at best. Dont even go on about the cameras! Its a Wyze issue cuz I have plugs and switches from Wemo and TFLink and they are rock solid. Not gonna beat a dead horse, done with Wyze, sorry, not sorry.

1 Like