Wyze Plug can't be configured using iOS App

Here is a video I made showing how I cannot get the app to configure my Plug.
I’ve also tried a light bulb as I bought 2 plugs and 4 light bulbs.

My Wifi is setup using Unifi Access Point and it allows both 2.4 and 5GHz under the same SSID but just to be sure I created another SSID that is only 2.4GHz for testing but no luck.

I granted the software access to my location while using the app and also tried giving it always but no change.

Please help!

YouTube video of me trying to configure the plug

I have a mesh router. It takes my pan cam up to minutes to lock on. Once locked it’s locked unless I move it etc.

You might find something to help you in these threads

I have learned on iOS that I get the best results when my phone is also connected to the 2.4 network during setup. If it is you can tell because you won’t have to enter the SSID or password fields, they will auto populate for you.

Yep. Correct. I had to do this with my garage door.

Well! Here the craziest thing…

I went to bed last night after trying for 2-3 hours to get the Plug and the light bulb to work without any luck.

This morning, after reading through this thread, I tried again without changing anything and BAM! It works first try on all the devices.

I’m a sysadmin and typically don’t hate technology and don’t believe in randomness but this is crazy!

Never look a gift product activation in the mouth. We just all nod our heads wonderingly and go about our lives. :grin::grin::grin:

You should look at these caveats, just in case. The tip that says “Sufficient range of DHCP network addresses must be available” is something that got me – until the previous leases expired, I couldn’t add a new device: