Wyze Plug Beta Orders

OK…so…it does not appear to have been Russians or Chinese hackers getting my personal and credit card data. Just some regular web site stuff. Right? Cool.

And to be clear, your support in this thread appears to be helpful to many people. Thanks for that. Their exact words were “Keep trying”.
Good job with the queue.
Onward!

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words about my support. I’ll talk to the rest of the support team about better ways to communicate in these cases. Unfortunately, we don’t have great advice for this kind of problem other than, “Please keep trying,” or, “Please try again later.” Would you like to give me your support ticket number so I can look into your conversation?

So if I see the charge on my card and have an order number, but went through the beta software to purchase the new plugs, it would not be an actual order? Order # 691134

Tony

1 Like

Hi, Tony! Sounds like you actually got an order through. That’s weird and I’m not sure why it worked but I’m glad you’re all set. :slight_smile:

You’re more than welcome! Keep up the great work!

Jeff

KJ6RHF

1 Like

Hey WG,
I am guessing it may have taken me to web interface and i was in such a hurry to order, as i was getting ready for work, i just blew right through without noticing.

Thanks for replying!

1 Like

Hi I just received a reminder email from Wyze saying that I had left something in my cart and do I want to finish my order. I did order this morning and my card was charged but my order still shows on hold and still shows one item in my cart. any ideas? ticket # is 290698.

Thanks!!

Let me start off by saying I love Wyze and I think you are a real pioneer in this field especially considering the price point.

I have 2 wyze cams, 1 Pan Cam, and the wyze sense starter kit…all work great.

I also setup wyze cams in small office for my clients and I recommend them to friends and family.

That being said, I was looking forward to opening the smart plug email to see what new and innovative way Wyze would manage to put their own “twist” on the smart plug world.

But when I opened the email, all I saw was a set of smart plugs that look just like half if the other smartbplufs out there and are even the same price as these amazon branded ones:

Amazon Smart Plug, works with Alexa https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZEEFNX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ETvqDbVK63A2W

As a matter of fact, it looks like they MAY be the same model but just rebranded by wyze.

I guess I was expecting more considering your track record.

Personally, I prefer a smaller, round design for smart plugs since they are much less bulky.

Secondly, the price is the same as those amazon branded ones above.

I just can’t see why I would buy the wyze plugs over any of those other ones.

Perhaps I’m the only one that thinks this way…wait, am I the only one that was expecting more?:thinking:

Cheers to all :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure what you are talking about (to not order thru the app). My order for plugs was placed via the beta app. The plugs were offered via a big pop up as soon as I logged on. Order placed, order number sent and credit card charged via PayPal … all without issue. I just tested it again. Does seem to work by design.

Obviously WYZE was swamped from the minute the plug was made available. From what I could tell, it was more of a bandwidth issue than anything else. Must be a huge number of early adopters and beta testers. Makes one wonder …

The link you gave shows me 1 plug for $25. I just bought 2 packs of 2 Wyze plugs for $37.66.

Not sure what you are on about here.

The wyze plugs you get 2 for under 20 bucks, shipped with tax included.
The amazon plug is 1 for 25 bucks.

Yes I did. Thank you for checking!

1 Like

I noticed it was “All orders ship September 2019”.
Any idea when in September? Will it be like the bulbs, maybe by the 45th of September?

3 Likes

45th of September only if your in the first batch to go out.
Otherwise it will be the eleventy-second of September.

1 Like

Great! Still in time for Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s my suggestion. We write “Order 2 Plugs,” with our shipping address and CC numbers, on a piece of paper. Hold it up in front of a camera, triggering a motion event. The system reads the sign, and places the order.

And it still bothers me that it’s called a Smart Plug. It’s a Smart Socket. The plug part is just metal.

4 Likes

Agreed… “Pocket Socket” as it is not hard wired to the mains.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Wyze Plug Automations

Trust me my math may be off but you can get two WYZE plugs for less than the price of one amazon plug. And the amazon brand only work with Alexa? Am I missing something?

Your link is showing it as $24.99 for 1 plug currently.