Wyze PAN randomly restarts

I have 2 Wyze Cam PANs. I have noticed that throughout the day they will just restart on their own. I am not viewing them, they aren’t tracking anything. Just sitting there and I will here the 2 clicks, it rotates all the way in one direction, then all the way to the other, then back to where it originally was.

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

Usually a power issue.

2 Likes

Welcome back @Dutch7!
It is most likely a power issue like @K6CCC mentioned. Have you used a third party power cable or adapter? Is the camera daisy-chained?

I would suggest trying a different power supply and a different cable(if possible).

2 Likes

I have used the supplied plug and cable and plugged it directly into the wall. I will try another plug and cable and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

1 Like

I have had this happen since the beginning. I have it in a front window now so I don’t know if it still does it or not. But it used to do it all the time. I’m not saying that it’s not a power problem but I raised this issue long ago and never got resolution.

1 Like

Well, I swapped out the cube and the cord. It seems like it is doing it a lot less, but it is still doing it. :slightly_frowning_face:

What’s the output of the new brick vs the old brick? How long of a cord run?

1 Like

I believe it is a 6’ cord and the brick is a Samsung Travel Adapter with adaptive fast charging, with output:
9.0V - 1.67A or
5.0V - 2.0A

I’m having this same issue with a new Pan v2, 32gb Wyze micro sd card, and tried two different usb/power bricks with it (the one that came with the cam and the one that was working the Wyze Cam v2 this pan is replacing. Did anyone solve this issue?

I haven’t been able to log into my new pan v2 for a couple of days. Tried just now and got in. It has been sending events to the cloud so I just left it alone. I looked at playback and noticed multiple gaps. The gaps are much less frequent in the last hour so. I am hoping it is just birthing pains on their end and they will get it sorted out.