Wyze Pan Camera Moves itself Constantly

I’ve come to the conclusion after being a Wyze Owner for several years that all 4 of the pans that I own are basically worthless.

Several times a day they will adjust themselves and several times a day I will adjust them all back to where I want them only to find the move themselves again within a couple hours. I have tried every setting adjustment that these forums have recommended and have gotten a couple replaced by the company only to have the exact same thing happen.

It’s too bad but I’m about done with this brand. The cameras do me no good when they decide to turn themselves repeatedly away from where I need them to point.

Any last ditch attempts to fix on something I might have missed would be great

1 Like

Stories like these keep me away from Wyze Pan Cams. I guess there are too many moving parts. I have had good experiences with their other products.

I have only ever owned 1 Pan at a time. I killed my first one with a Power Washer, oops. My current one has been in continuous use outdoors and the only times it moves are when I tell it to. I use the 1 way point method to make it return to my preferred location following a power failure or glitch.

So I am guessing after 4 years you know all the tricks to get it to stay in one place. If yours are not then you must have the worst luck known to man and have 4 defective units.

I am sorry you had such rotten luck and experience with Wyze. There are other vendors out there, Google, Arlo, etc so I am sure you will find one that works for you.

Yesterday I setup my first Cam Pan and I didn’t have any problems at all. Installed a SD card after I got everything connected. Then I set one waypoint and adjusted the detection zone and so far it is working perfect. It stays put right where I set the waypoint without drifting so far. I really like it. It’s a fun cam to play around with. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I need to overcome my fears. It’s only $30. :thinking:

1 Like

I understand. I held off on buying one for months because I had read about so many negative experiences with them. Anyway, all good so far and I like the pan feature on it, really cool. If I have any problems with mine I will keep you updated.

2 Likes

You might want to tell it to ‘Reset Position’ in the app, and then set it to where you want again. It might just need some relational alignment.

1 Like

I would appreciate that.

2 Likes

My pan cameras seem to adjust themselves to some preset position every couple of days. I’ve tried all the suggestions I could find on this forum to no avail.

1 Like