Wyze Pan CAM constantly rebooting

I have a Wyze Pan Cam that has started to constantly reboot. Once it is up, the blue light will stay solid for about 30 seconds and then it will reboot and start the process all over. This Pan Cam does have a bridge plugged in, also at the lasted firmware level as well. No changes to the Cam Pan. This started about 3 days ago. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks as always.

Peter

It might be caused by a dodgy power supply. Marginal output voltage could trigger a reboot. If you have another USB power supply available, preferably rated at 2A (10 watts) or better, give it a try.

1 Like

Definitely do not recommend using a bridge in a Pan cam.

1 Like

The Pan Cams are not my favorite due to all the issues I have had with them. I swapped power cable and that USB adapter with a working V2 Cam but it made no difference. I pulled the bridge out as well but again no difference. It stays up for no more than 30 seconds and then goes through the reboot cycle again. :frowning:

Open to other suggestions.

1 Like

Something crazy simple… But I’ve had issue where if the microusb cable itself is not situated tight enough into the camera, that would be enough to cause it to have an issue with it going on/off…

Are you using the original usb power cord or is it a generic microusb cable?

I replaced the cord and pulled that micro USB cord out and reinserted the new one. The cord I was using was not OEM but the cord I replaced it with was the original cord from a working V2.

1 Like

I found the problem, I took the SD card out and it stayed up without rebooting. I put the SD card in the PC and it said it was corrupt. I allowed Windows to repair it and put it back into the Pan Cam. All seems well now. Hmmmmm … . I will continue to monitor but the problem seems to be resolved.

4 Likes

what kind of card are you using?

That is interesting, I second @Bam what kind of card is it? Also I would make sure that card is not defective, if the card has some sort of short on it it could ruin your cam, SD cards use 1.8v Low Volage or 3.3v (conventional), Most likely the Conventional in Wyze, but if it was me and after removing the card fixed my problem, i would not put it back in my cam.

Edit: although windows “fixed” the corruption on the disk that may not mean it fixed what is wrong with the card, it could have just relocated the memory to not use the part that is bad.

2 Likes

It is a Wyze card that I purchased from Wyze. All 15 of my cameras use Wyze 32 gb cards and I never had an issue with them in the past. I assume that something or some part became corrupted with a power outage or something. But these Pan Cams are finicky. Thanks for the advice. I will update with any changes.

3 Likes

I had the exact same issue! I couldn’t figure it out so I went through the support process and had a new one sent out but it did the exact same thing. It wasn’t until I pulled the SD card that both the new and old started working.

It’s a bit odd that a bad SD card would do that without any logging/indication that it was related, but I’m glad I’m not alone.

1 Like

This was discussed here:

1 Like