Wyze Pan Cam bricked after firmware update

I have tried EVERYTHING listed in the forums but after the last firmware update, 2 of my cameras were bricked. I understand electronics break and I don’t mind replacing them when it happens. But, when it happens with something like this. I updated the cameras with the software Wyze provided, now they don’t work. I contacted support and basically got a “Too bad it is out of warranty, We will give you a whole $10 off your next purchase to replace these cams WE broke.” It is a pretty scummy practice.

5 Likes

Yeah I am losing faith in Wyze, First I had a Outdoor Cam quit working, went from 82% charge to 5% and not working in a short time frame, then my V3 isn’t working, always says offline, will work for a minute if I power off/on then quits working, says offline though it shows strong wifi signal, and now my Pan camera won’t even turn on. Wyze is starting to look like junk.

1 Like

I am having same issue with my pan cam. All others came back online after the outage but no matter what I have tried…pan cam seems bricked. I was about to order more cams but feel frustrated. I have 15 wyze brand items and subscribe to the monthly plan. But I feel like I’m always fighting some camera issue.

Same here. My device ( V1 brick ) cam was offline. So I got it going and was offered a software upgrade. Now the brick is a brick. What is Wyse going to do?

I was considering switching to Wyze for their security service but there is no way I am trusting the safety of my home with situations such as this.