Thought, I should write this time to share how I feel about outdoor Because:
- I am in one of those who was waiting for outdoor version from long
- I was among couple first users to still trying to order first outdoor via early access at 12 PM as soon as it opened.
- I was the one who bought 2 wyze outdoor bundle in excitement knowing additional base station might not be used.
I did not like it or you can say didnot get what I was hoping for.
Since I am a software developer and technical person, I can guess why outdoor cam did not give me best motion alert because as per wyze, image comparison would have burnt more memory but should not be it a option available, if customer willing to?
here are high level issues:
- motion alert range was very very limited and area in view was not covered. even if I tried going in advanced mode and changing detection area etc.
- As operated on battery and only wakes when does motion detect which is limited, I was missing important security measures.
- travel mode was a good concept but I felt it was struggling with software and setup and detection , may be early software issues and in future, it might get better.
Overall, I felt, it is not worth and I did put my indoor wyze with wiring on outddor having protectors and back to how I use to monitor. and happy I think because now I am not hoping for something better
well, indoor does good job though
I do own almost everything from Wyze and that too approximately 25 or more several devices so I do appreciate effort and product quality but I see aggression in launch and lacking software readiness and quality issues these days.
I have both my Out door unit in box, thought I should return then not sure why my wife said you struggled 3 hours on first day to order, just keep them in store, may be you need in future, AND I listened to her