Wyze outdoor cameras

Currently have 4 indoor cameras, 3 regular, and 1 pan. Moving into another house where i would like to add outdoor cameras.
My issue is, my indoor cameras seem to get pretty bad range to the wifi, and my fear is if i get outdoor cameras, they wont reach there base station wifi. The base station would be inside the house. and the outdoor cameras would be, 1 on the side of the house, and one on the garage that is maybe 50-75 feet from the house.

How far from the base will the outdoor cameras reach?
My indoor cameras wont even reach from inside the house, to the garage thats attached to the house.

Second question is, battery life. Being outside, they would be hot in the summer, cold in the winter. How often should i expect to replace the batteries, and what do they cost?

Thank you

1 Like

My outdoor camera are farther from the base station than yours and I have n problem with connections. As far as battery life, I have everything set to max with a one minute cool down. My most used camera gets activated about twenty times a day and I lose about 1% battery per day. Others don’t get activated very often and are still in the upper 80s percent after a couple months. Temps here have been below freezing many days.

1 Like

How far would you say your base station is from the nearest camera? I havent bought these yet, i just want to make sure they work before i do buy them.

1 Like

100feet maybe. Base station is in a bedroom on one side of the house and farthest camera is outside on the other side. Signal goes through 2 bedrooms, living room, and garage. That one does take a second or two longer to connect for live view but recordings and notifications don’t seem delayed. Hope this helps.

Misread your question after I posted. Closest camera is maybe 10 feet and others are spread out from there up to the furthest one as above.

1 Like

So you’re saying that you’re getting maybe 100 feet of range through your house to the farthest camera? This is my One Big Question about trying out the Wyze Outdoor, there’s no info about the working range from the base station. My old house is plaster and lath, so I expect a bit more Wi-Fi interference through the house than you probably, but 100 feet would be more than enough.

Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve got a 1930 farm house, with plaster walls. I’m getting about 60-65 feet of range from the base unit (through 4 or 5 walls - not ideal!). I’ve got a wi-fi extender towards the back of the house, so I’m going to see about moving the base unit to plug into that, which should extend the outdoor range.

1 Like