This is 2 problems but most likely related. I realize this is a long post but I have tried everything to get this working again with no luck,
Battery Died & Will not hold charge. Camera will not connect or resync to base station
My Wyze Outdoor Camera recently died. The battery dropped from 25% to completely dead overnight. I took the following steps:
- I plugged it into a 5v/2a USB charger via the provided Micro-USB cable.
- Blinking red status light indicated it was charging
- Let it charge overnight for about 6-8 hours
I checked the camera in the morning and there was no status light. I thought it would be solid red but wasn’t worried. Turned it back on. There was no status light and it was not connecting to the bridge. I turned it off for a few minutes and tried again. No status light and no connecting. I thought maybe it didn’t actually charge because the charger came loose overnight, charger wasn’t providing sufficient power (even though the camera requires a 5v charger with a minimum of 1.5a), bad cable, etc.
I plugged it into another USB charger with 3.3amp per port so ensure sufficient power and let it charge for several hours. This time, the red status light was solid.
I unplugged it and turned the camera back on. I waited a few minutes but the camera did not reconnect. I waited for another 30 minutes and it still was not connected. I power cycled both the camera and the base station several times.
- At this point, I decided to resync the camera to the base station. I removed the camera in the app and followed the steps for adding a camera.
- I turned off the camera, waited a minute, and turned it back on but there was no yellow light or status light at all.
- I still pressed the sync button and there was nothing. No voice prompt.
- I turned off the camera again, plugged it into power, and it started blinking red. I let it go for an hour until it was solid red again.
- This time when I unplugged, the light turned yellow for about 20 seconds even though the power switch was off?
- I tried power cycling it but the yellow light would not come back. I plugged it back in, set the power switch to on, and again, the status light started blinking red.
- I unplugged it and the light turned yellow so I quickly tried to go through the pairing/syncing process but the yellow light died after a few seconds. Repeated those steps again and pressed the sync button while the yellow light was still on but there was no voice prompt and the yellow light died after a few seconds.
At this point, I’m pretty sure that the camera or the battery is defective.