Wyze outdoor camera help

Hello! Recently just purchased a wyze outdoor cam. I’m getting an error every time I try and ad the home base. It’s telling me it already has an owner which I’m not sure how that’s possible. I’m wondering if it’s an error that I can fix. Not sure if it has to do with not having any other internet connection besides my wifi I don’t have good if any service where I live. It’s plugged directly into my router and wall outlet.

Nope your item is used and the owner needs to remove it from there app

1 Like

Welcome to the community @mrxrage . I am a community member as you are and try to provide support as needed.

With your provided information, I would agree with @kae4560 , this appears to be associated with another account and until it is removed, you wont be able to use it.

Did you buy it directly from Wyze or somewhere else?

you can contact Wyze:

you can reach them by phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 4 am - 8 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT, or online: Wyze.com/support

phone support is typically faster. However, if there is high call volumes it could be a longer wait time.

1 Like

Unreal…

Just email the person where you bought it from and tell them 2 remove it from their app,wyze support can do nothing due to security issues

1 Like

Where did you purchase the base station/camera from?

Here is some info about that security feature.

I realize it can be a pain for someone in your position but whoever sold it, or returned it may have not understood that feature and done their correct steps to release the base station.

1 Like

I got it at Home Depot it was on clearance… kinda was expecting something to be wrong. Was just wondering if there’s a way to get it unpaired through wyze

1 Like

Clearance=Trouble. Take it back to HD and get a refund. Order a new one from WYZE.

Nope take it back,it’s used and no good due 2 it’s still on a customer’s account

Ok I just returned it and picked up 2 v3 indoor/outdoor for price of one. Doesn’t say anything on box about needing base station

V3s do not need a separate base, they connect straight to your Wi-Fi system. Only the WCOs needed the base station.

Thanks I’ll take it. 1080p with night vision :ok_hand: nice job team

2 Likes

Starlight sensor is well worth it!