Wyze Outdoor Cam ~ Not Charging / Not Turning On

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced their Wyze Outdoor Cams stopped charging and not turning on. Both of my units are relatively new, purchased 3 months ago with receipts.

1. Both cams stated low battery so I took them in to charge.
  2. While charging both cams had showed a red light flashing.
  3. The red flashing light was non-stop for 3 days at which point i unplugged the USB cable.
  4. Tried turning on the Cams but there was no blue light.
  5. Tried plugging them back into USB for charging but no red light.
  6. Wyze App still shows both cams as OFFLINE when switched ON.

I’ve tried different USB cables and different sources of power. Nothing gets the red or blue light going again. Very bizarre.

I’ve already contacted Wyze about this but they responded, “We do not provide warranty on any Wyze Cams purchased outside USA”. Uh huh.

I have to assume the batteries inside failed. I’ll look into YT hacks to address this. It goes without saying I wont be buying any more Wyze Cams. If you are Canadian (or really anyone outside USA), consider this a warning about Wyze cams and their lack of Warranty.

1 Like

Same problem here. Camera will not charge, using charger that came with the camera, also tried charger that came with another Wyze outdoor camera. I can see the camera image and it has the charging bolt but it stays at 0%. Been charging for three days.

The non-replaceable Lithium-Ion battery has reached the end of life most likely.

After reading the specs on the WCO I opted not to buy one for that and many other reasons.

The V2 in a weatherproof case was my go to camera until the Weatherproof V3 came out and I replaced all V2’s with V3’s

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

For powering these outdoor remote cameras I use “Low Voltage Wiring” and burying the wire from an A.C. power outlet (indoors) power supply to the cameras. Then use a 12 volt to 5 volt micro-USB regulator adapter and install to camera.

The power Supply mounts indoors but the cable to camera can be longer as the 5 volts is regulated at the camera. And Voltage drop due to cable length is not an issue as the regulator will work with as low as 9 volts input.

I have ran over 180 feet of 2 conductor cable to camera with this setup, use low voltage lighting wiring it can be buried, it is weatherproof and UV resistant.

Connect the 12v to 5v micro-USB regulator adapter to cable matching polarity ( +red -black ) along cable where a camera is needed if more than 1 camera just get a 12 volt adapter with more current (Amps) The Adapter regulator is weatherproof except the micro-USB itself but the boot on the V3 takes care of that.

Links below to several power supplies, 1 Amp for 1 camera, 2 Amp for 2 cameras, or 5 amp for 5 cameras,
choose according to your needs. The cable run can have multiple connections for cameras along cable.

12 volt input to 5 volt output micro-USB cable (adapter)

12 volt power supply 1 amp with connector adapter

12 volt power supply 2 amp with connector adapter

12 volt power supply 5 amp with connector adapter

14/2 Low Voltage Landscape Wire - 100 feet

Gardner Bender 25-1W1 Watergard Weatherproof Twist-On Wire Connectors, 22-12 AWG, Small Direct-Buried

Wyze Cam power for long run

This location originally had a V2 in an enclosure, the 12v to 5v adapter has been exposed to rain, snow, and heat of summer for over 3 years. Recently replaced V2 with a V3

Below is an event captured by this camera, note I don’t use IR as I get too many flying bug triggers.

This is a link to my Overly-Engineered Wyze Cam setup…LOL
Battery Backed-Up 14 V3 cams and Internet Communications

Mine is new out of the box and won’t charge! This is my second Wyze product that has done this. I have nearly 50 Wyze products. Five need charging: the hand-held vacuum, regular vacuum, (2) robotic vacuums, and this outdoor camera. The hand-held vacuum wouldn’t charge out of the box (Wyze replaced it), one of the robotic vacuums went completely dead after about a month (Wyze replaced it), and now this. So of the five products, two have arrived broken, and one went bad after a month. That’s 60%! That’s terrible!

One of my two outdoors cameras died after 18 months of use. I understand they are in expensive but I expect better longevity out of a product. I will not be replacing it with another Wyze product

1 Like

I spend a few hundred dollars for the entire base package, including an extra outdoor camera. After 2 months it completely stopped working, no power to the garage camera. I contacted support and never received any sort of response for help. With this, the series 1 cameras and sensors, bulbs,and bridge also failed. I very carefully watched installation video and my very new outdoor camera, failed miserably outdoors, with a, ya thanks for ur money loser and my only help was on the app telling me to power cycle a camera that won’t power. I have a home security service and I was completely set on canceling and replacing all new sensors and lighting. It would have been a horrible mistake. Honestly sad about the outcome