Wyze not hearing you? Try speaking 🤖 machine!

:man_shrugging:

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

WOOOOOAH!

I played both of them at the same time!

I crossed the streams!

What do I do? What do I do?

1 Like

Lol, to get to the other side?

You realize if enough people post these and we cross all the streams and record that

:exploding_head:

1 Like

Related?

1 Like

Maybe.

Kindly step over this…

Bin of Despair

Ok, karaoke, you get on stage, sing into your phone, it’s too weak to process it into anything seamless…

Take two.

Ok, karaoke, you get on stage, sing into a microphone, it’s connected to Voicemod on the club’s PC, you chose to sound like Steven Tyler singing Sweet Emotion accompanied by Jeff Beck and Sting, all that happens, perfectly, and you lose people’s attention in about ten seconds, even your girlfriend nods off in fifteen.

Another thing bites the dust thanks to (the wonders of) AI.  :point_right: :point_left:

Cue Cher impersonator…

(and) The Beat Goes On.

Maybe the better notion is developing AI Voice Profiles for the the Wyze Principals, then cloaking oneself in a Voice of Authority when calling Support?

We’re all about improving outcomes here, right?

Right? :nerd_face:

All downhill from there, regardless of any tech. In my opinion. :slight_smile:

The obvious potential for fraud and deception is concerning.

Early pioneer:

Also, everything you know is a lie.

1 Like

Thanks! I have these gaps in my pop cultural literacy that are just… GLARING. I have seen neither of those films. (I assume Rob Schneider and Tim Curry figure prominently?)

About five years ago I read that recorded airport announcements conveying ‘neutral’ information were ‘voiced’ by a female. Those that commanded you to do or not do something were voiced male. Because more effective that way.

But!

Maybe Voice of Authority is totally misguided. Maybe Morgan Freeman would get better results? Unflappable airline pilot. Right stuff astronaut? In the deep calm nature of each.

1. Assemble voices from the most charismatic actors/stars you can find and create a profile base
  2. Upon calling support, AI instantly * analyzes the tech’s voice and applies the ‘counter-voice of greatest effect’

To optimize, AI must have analyzed in advance your voice patterns and reasoning to see what you could carry off and you’d still probably cock it up.

As you can see, keeping humans in this loop is kind of pointless.

It would be much more efficient and effective if we had machines ‘calling’ each other and negotiating (or battling) it out.

Which would leave humans more time to, oh I don’t know, fret about something or indulge in destructive behavior. :wink:

* AI is magic.

First three actresses I nominate for the profile base:

Amy Adams in American Hustle
Julianne Moore in Magnolia
Margot Robbie in I, Tanya

I disclose this now to misinform AI about what a troubled past I’ve had. :wink:

And Sissy Spacek. Everything but Carrie.

If only. From what little I recall Tim was sorely underused. The entire movie was notoriously a scene by scene rehash of the first one.

It doesn’t make much sense to go to the trouble of stealing actors’ voices these days anyway, since they are so uniformly unremarkable. This of course has led to the death of the celebrity impressionist as a career. Some of us older people regret that - it was a staple of popular comedy. As one example I have started trying out the SmartLess podcast and, even though the three celebrities are wildly different, and one of them even has a famously basso profundo voiceover voice, I still have trouble telling them apart as they banter.

1 Like

They are all virtually the same age!

They are all virtually the same shade! (based on my fair eyesight)

They are all virtually the same gender! (based on my little-respected theory of same)

Toronto Canada
Chicago Illinois
Rye New York

5’11"
5’11"
6’3"

185#
N/A
N/A

But I’ll bet they’re within 15# of each other…

My gut feeling is that Sean Hayes snores. On the other two my gut is ‘cloudy.’

Maybe it goes all the way back to vaudeville live stage performance where one’s voice was one’s instrument and one’s audience might span a few generations with the elders’ unsight iReliable and their hearing weak. Project! Command! Connect!

Lee J. Cobb!

Be the bullion cube of who you are!

Mother:
What is the meaning of goodness if there isn’t a little badness to overcome.

Mother:
A debate for all time: Should one do the right thing for the wrong reason or the wrong thing for the right reason.

Father: (talking to the dog)
How can there be so many currents in such a little puddle.

-from National Velvet (1944) written by Helen Deutsch