Wyze Motion sensor, IFTTT, and Smart Life Lights

Hi, I have a Wyze motion sensor and Smart Life lights (light strip under my kitchen cabinets). I was able to get it light on when motion is detected using IFTTT (motion detec, turn on smart light/switch by mosithvac). However, the settings is very limited. I want it to only turn on between the hours of 10am -5 am when motion is detected. I also want it to automatically turn off after 10 min of no motion.

I don’t believe you can currently do that with IFTTT but you can by using Alexa Routines if you use Alexa. Or if you can plug the lights into a Wyze plug you could do it all within Wyze’s rule engine.

3 Likes

When I am trying to use this service ( motion detected turn on smart/light switch. It is asking me to select which device/group). I created a group in smart light app and Wyze too but still drop under do not have any option.

When I am trying to use this service ( motion detected turn on smart/light switch. It is asking me to select which device/group). I created a group in smart light app and Wyze too but still drop under do not have any option.

In the news, it was reported that Smartlife cut support for IFTTT. See an angry rant here: Tuya Smart Life Just Ruined My Smart Home | IFTTT Withdrawl - YouTube
And a possible workaround here: The SOLUTION To Tuya Smart Life Ruining Your Smart Home - YouTube

Some other discussion about this: Smartlife -> IFTTT integration to end on May 26, 2020 - Connected Things - SmartThings Community

Do you think this is why it isn’t working for you?

I’m wondering where Wyze stands on this - When IFTTT and Wyze’s relationship changes, will the IFTTT support be cut? How close is a smartthings/wyze connection? Are there any Wyze compatible IFTTT alternatives?