Wyze lock working on Alexa

Playing around with Alexa and it worked lock with voice commands.

1 Like

I tried and she told me that I had to go into the app settings and enable it that it wasn’t allowed by her at this point. What did you say?

Go into the setting for the lock on Alexa then sign in to amazon account and set the setting to enable.

2 Likes

By golly that worked. Thanks!

Nice back up if Bluetooth isn’t working

Cool!
I can’t find the lock in my devices on the Alexa app. Searching for new devices doesn’t find it either

1 Like

Try changing name to Door

1 Like

Yeah mine is called front door. You’re an android or iOS I think you’re on iOS right. If so it shows up under locks at the top

iOS had it called front door but Alexa only would find it named Door

1 Like

It was called Side Door and I just changed it to just plain Door, but Alexa can’t find it even searching for new devices. All my other Wyze sensors, light, etc, show up though

Not on mine

And you’re looking at the top under locks

I actually don’t have locks on the list since one hasn’t been detected yet. I have I havh Lights, Plugs, cameras, Alexa devices, Scenes, and All Devices
When I try “All Devices” I get a long list of all my devices including contact sensors, etc, but no lock. If I click Add Device and it does the 45 second search, it says no devices found.

1 Like

What I had to do os change the name in the Wyze app to anything force close the app then change it to Door in the Wyze app and got a notification Alexa discovered it. I was never able to get it to pick it up using discover devices.

2 Likes

It automatically found my lock I didn’t have to do anything. Unable the Wyze with Alexa and then reenable it and see what happens

That’s weird it just automatically found mine. But I just added my lock back to the app because I’ve been having so many issues with it auto unlocking on its own. And I noticed one thing different when I unlock it it says that it was me that unlocked it and if my wife unlocked it says that it was her. We’re prior to installing it today it just said the door was unlocked and locked it didn’t say who did it. So they are making some changes to it

I must be lucky the only real issue I’ve had with it is not knowing who’s phone was unlocking it. My wife is a teacher so my kids ride with her and I couldn’t tell which phone unlocked it. Had to take all the phones out one at a time to make sure they all worked.

1 Like

Just tried, no dice, but it was a god idea.

Tried that also, and it still doesn’t show in Alexa like all my other devices did.
I know it’s not supposed to work with Alexa yet, But I got excited when I saw this LOL

1 Like

I also just tried deleting and re-adding the lock (which meant recalibration) but it still didn’t show up in Alexa. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

1 Like

I’m with you.

2 Likes