RESOLVED: Wyze Lock WiFi Commands Not Functioning - Service Outage 3/26/2020

3/26/20 6:54 PM PT - All Wyze Locks should function normally now. We are wrapping up root cause analysis so we can prevent similar experiences in the future. Thanks for your patience during this process. If you have any trouble with your Wyze Lock, please reach out to our support team at support.wyzecam.com.

3/26/20 3:49 PM PT - We have mostly resolved this issue. All locks that were installed prior to the outage should be functioning normally now. Locks that were installed (or reinstalled) during the outage will still experience problems with internet functionality. We have not determined the root cause and are continuing to investigate. Thank you for your patience.

3/26/20 12:56PM PT: As of about 12:40 PM PT, Wyze Lock actions through the internet (such as unlocking the door remotely through the app) are not working properly. Bluetooth activity is still functioning at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to repair this as soon as we can.

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

1 Like

I like the flash ‘Wyze Staff Notice’ banner! Is that new or have I just been my normal non observant self?

3 Likes

I’m pretty bad about using it so one of the mods threw it on there for me. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

With the stay-at-home advice out there, I have hardly open my door today. Thanks for letting us know

2 Likes

3/26/20 3:49 PM PT - We have mostly resolved this issue. All locks that were installed prior to the outage should be functioning normally now. Locks that were installed (or reinstalled) during the outage will still experience problems with internet functionality. We have not determined the root cause and are continuing to investigate. Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes

I came to inform that my lock seems to work fine but you updated us already. Good job :+1:

3 Likes

Hi. Jon again, help. While watching the leader of Wyze in this week launch of the new Wyze products. Some one said there is a Wyze Lock work around when I lock myself out because the number pad is delayed. To temperlly disable auto lock before you close the door. Also I can’t find anywhere where we as customers were told about this work around. " Lock, unlock, lock and unlock???

You are referring to Trash mode. Enable it by Unlock - Lock - Unlock

Yes???

Thanks, superchi!

For everyone else:

3/26/20 6:54 PM PT - All Wyze Locks should function normally now. We are wrapping up root cause analysis so we can prevent similar experiences in the future. Thanks for your patience during this process. If you have any trouble with your Wyze Lock, please reach out to our support team at support.wyzecam.com.

3 Likes

That was fast. Great job

2 Likes

That’s actually pretty observant. We recently change the background color from gray to Wyze green. Much more noticeable now.

3 Likes

Hi and thank you. I assume it did not require a firmware/software upgrade for the fix to take place?

2 Likes

That is correct and you’re welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just so happened to install mine yesterday. It works for all of about two hours and now is dead. Hub won’t connect to lock vise versa.
Not functional at all nor debugged itself

1 Like

Oh no! Sorry to hear about this. Please reach out to our customer support team so we can help get this sorted out.

Wyze Customer Support

2 Likes

I put in a service ticket yesterday. Still no word. I am guessing it will be next business day?

1 Like