Wyze Lock mounting plate is not tight to the door

When installing the Wyze lock, the mounting plate would not tighten to the door because the existing deadbolt screws were bottomed out before the plate touched the door. (Schlage hardware)

I found a solution to the issue by adding self adhesive rubber bumpers(roughly 1/16 in. thick) to the back of the mounting plate, and to the back of the top end of the lock. Now the lock sits firm against the door and the top of the lock does as well.

1 Like

Hello kmac
Two other ways to get a tight fit and also a full contact fit against the door.

1 ) Under the head of each mounting screw place one or two very small washers. These washers will effectively shorten the mounting screws. There is a good chance spring lock washers will work. If spring lock washers are not avaliable, consider wrapping one turn of a short length of copper wire under the head of the screw.
2 ) Shorten the mounting screws by sawing or grinding off some of the end. Before doing the shortening place a nut on each of the screws of the same diameter and thread pitch. After cutting or grinding remove the threaded on nuts to clean up the screw threads. There is also the possibility of buying smaller length screws.
Good luck.
Victor Maletic

1 Like

Hello kmac
Two other ways to get a tight fit and also a full contact fit against the door.

1 ) Under the head of each mounting screw place one or two very small washers. These washers will effectively shorten the mounting screws. There is a good chance that spring lock washers will work. If spring lock washers are not available, consider wrapping one turn of a short length of copper wire under the head of each screw.

2 ) Shorten the mounting screws by sawing or grinding off some of the end. Before doing the shortening place a nut on each of the screws of the same diameter and thread pitch. After cutting or grinding remove the threaded-on nuts to clean up the screw threads. There is also the possibility of buying smaller length screws.
Good luck.
My grammar checks did not transfer over on the first reply.

Victor Maletic

I don’t have the Wyze Lock, but washers were my first thought too. Without being able to test it personally, I’m not sure whether it would cause problems to have the screw heads a little further out. (In theory, something like that might prevent the cover plate from snapping on correctly, for example.)

Or buy shorter bolts.

2 Likes

I did pretty much the same thing! Nothing was stopping me from installation lol

Hello @kmac,

We have shorter door screws that can be shipped to you if you contact Wyze customer service. The bottom two are shorter replacement screws we can ship to you.

8 Likes

I had a similar problem. The moving screw holes in the metal mounting plate prevent it to be flush against the door, making the entire lock body stand off. This is for installations, where the plate is just screwed into the wood of the door.

I ended up making a 3D-printed spacer plate, which fixes the problem:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4662629

1 Like

@mrh_icb, it’s really cool the way you solved the problem. Nice job. Thanks for sharing!