Wyze Lock & Medeco deadbolt?

Just out of curiosity – has anyone been able to use a Wyze Lock with a Medeco deadbolt? My understanding is that Medeco deadbolts are all designed like double-cylinder locks, which makes it nearly impossible to alter the hardware.

I know the August Lock specifically mentions that Medeco locks are not compatible. However, the Wyze Lock Compatibility Guide doesn’t mention it. So, I thought I’d ask if anyone has tried it and had any success. I’m currently renting a place, so I need to maintain the current lock, and it happens to be a Medeco deadbolt.

Thanks in advance!

There is a medeco single cylinder, which is highly rated and the only tested lock to not allow entry against a drill attack.

Being single cylinder, it should work with wyze lock.

My recommendation would be submit a support request with your question. Wyze support doesn’t monitor this forum.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support.)

1 Like

Have the same question. Bought the lock and not sure it would work. I sent request to wyze no response yet. Did you get an answer?

I did contact support. They said that Medeco locks are not supported at this time. :pensive:

Just got my Wyze lock today, and no, it is not compatible with the Medeco deadbolt. Bummer.