Wyze Lock & Medeco deadbolt?

Just out of curiosity – has anyone been able to use a Wyze Lock with a Medeco deadbolt? My understanding is that Medeco deadbolts are all designed like double-cylinder locks, which makes it nearly impossible to alter the hardware.

I know the August Lock specifically mentions that Medeco locks are not compatible. However, the Wyze Lock Compatibility Guide doesn’t mention it. So, I thought I’d ask if anyone has tried it and had any success. I’m currently renting a place, so I need to maintain the current lock, and it happens to be a Medeco deadbolt.

Thanks in advance!

There is a medeco single cylinder, which is highly rated and the only tested lock to not allow entry against a drill attack.

Being single cylinder, it should work with wyze lock.

My recommendation would be submit a support request with your question. Wyze support doesn’t monitor this forum.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support.)

1 Like

Have the same question. Bought the lock and not sure it would work. I sent request to wyze no response yet. Did you get an answer?

I did contact support. They said that Medeco locks are not supported at this time. :pensive:

Just got my Wyze lock today, and no, it is not compatible with the Medeco deadbolt. Bummer.

This is a picture of the single cylinder Medeco lock. Maybe someone can design an adapter if Wyze is unwilling to do so. You can see that the the Medeco key slot does not line up with the Wyze adapter.