Wyze lock locking itself while door is swinging open even the auto lock is disabled

I have had the lock automatically deploy the deadbolt several times in the last 2 days while I’m walking through the door. So before the door shuts itself the deadbolt pops out (heard the motor) and when the door shuts behind me it can’t because deadbolt is out. I will submit a log and post log number. @WyzeJonathan @WyzeGwendolyn have you guys heard of that. Keep in mind we keep the door unlocked all the time. Auto lock and unlock is turned off. I have the times it occurred to help troubleshoot. Yesterday it happened but fortunately did it once I was in the house so I could manually unlock and didn’t get locked out. Battery is around 29%

Wyze ticket 496324

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about this Barry. It’s very odd because of your setting choices. I’m gonna be following this one very closely. I’m sure Jonathan and Gwendolyn will get you taken care of.

I took the batteries out tonight until the logs can be analyzed. I might put a fresh set in and recalibrate to make sure.

1 Like

When my door was auto unlocking even when auto unlock was off I would delete it from the app at night so I didn’t have to worry about it unlocking in the middle of the night and then add it in the morning. And I went through that process for quite a while. But Jonathan did a wonderful job of working with me through everything and I have a very well functioning lock right now.
@WyzeJonathan

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know! I sent this over to the team.

1 Like

@barrygabler, were you able to send in a log for us?

1 Like

Yes. See the Wyze ticket number in my post. The support folks had me clear the Wyze app cache but as I have multiple versions of the app, the only one that has access to lock was alpha/beta. I did as instructed but also decided to put in fresh batteries and had to recalibrate. Hasn’t happened again yet. Since I have Auto Unlock off and auto lock off I don’t see how the app would misfire and cause it to lock especially which the door was open each time. Hopefully the logs get to the dev team to look at. If it happens again I’ll grab another. The ticket had the time stamps as well to look at.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! Hopefully it never happens again but please let me know if it does.

3 Likes

I have my lock on the side garage door which I keep open during most days. The time open runs approximately 8 hours. About 10% of the times I go to close the door the deadbolt has already moved to the lock position. Other that this weird action, the lock functions very well, including the auto open feature which gets exercised daily.

I see this issue as well, I have my doors scheduled to lock but if the door is open and its time, it will still extend the lock. Sometimes I need to recalibrate because it gets confused. The lock knows the door is open but locks anyway. Not so smart.