Welcome to the community. That does sound frustrating. I have not been experiencing that with my Wyze Locks.
Here are some questions that might help give some of us other community members an idea of what could be going on.
- What exactly occurs that requires the batteries to be removed and replaced?
- Does it show as offline in the app (such as a greyed-out cloud icon in the app)?
- Are you able to connect by just Bluetooth?
- Can you open it with the keypad when it is having problems (if you have one)?
- Is it giving you any kind of error messages?
- Does the lock stop opening or closing? Or is it getting stuck? Does it even try to open or close?
- How long have you had the lock?
For myself personally, I would probably attempt deleting the device and setting it back up from scratch to see if that helps.
It might be more reassuring to try contacting support first instead though:
Or by phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
They may know what is going on and how to fix it (this is mostly just a user forum).
I personally prefer contacting support by email since then I can do their troubleshooting steps or answering things in cracks of time at my leisure instead of blocking off and reserving specific time to work through something. But that is a personal preference. Sometimes it is more relieving for people to have a person to talk to and get immediate responses as you do everything.