Wyze Lock Gateway setup not connecting to WiFi

Hi @calvinbrice, welcome to the Wyze community!

I have changed your trust level and you are all set. :slightly_smiling_face:

oddly neither of my 2 lock gateways are connecting either. Tried multiple networks.

Same problem for me as well. Gateway has been working fine for months started flashing red this morning. Iā€™ve done many resets and finally removed it completely from the Wyze app and still cannot get it to connect.

this is what happened to me today. Working fine for months and month then this morning flashing red. Removed and trying to readd. I have tried adding it to two different networks and have tried both iOS and android app. I have two gateways. Neither connect from WOW or AT&T.

Iā€™m having the same issue:

Few days ago the gateway disconnected from the network (Access Point is a Ubiquiti AP-AC-Lite) which runs (constantly) 2 cameras and eventually our devices when we are on the first floor. No logs on the AP manager show the reason.

Today it happened again: tried pretty much all I had at hand, even rebooting the AP and still nothing happens. The lock works (via blut2th of course) but the Gateway doesnā€™t connect back again.

AP is about 9 feet (with LOS) from the Gateway > Gateway is about 10 feet from the Lock (with only a couch in the middle of them) and has been working properly (except for the auto-unlock, which seems not to truly know when I get back home).

If anyone has a ā€˜tried-tested-provenā€™ method to sort this out, I would love to hear of it. ā€˜Getting a new oneā€™ is not as simple for me, as Iā€™m not in the US.

I know that the community is pretty awesome helping out, so I guess Iā€™ll get an answer soon.

Just lost all 3 of my gateways. I of which is on a separate wifi network. While troubleshooting I deleted them all to try to reinstall and now I cant even get them to find the wifi. The app will find them in set up mode but as soon as you try to connect the gateway to wifi it doesnt find it.

Same thing happening here. Just about to call Wyze to check with them and see if there is a general outage or Iā€™m just dumb :rofl:

Apparently their engineers found an issue and are working on it?

"As of now, we are also getting further concern regarding gateways showing as offline and our engineers informed that we can try doing first some basic troubleshooting but if it will not work, we will require you to submit an app log. "

Same problem with Wyze Lock Gateways ā€¦ all flashing red and will not connect to WiFi ā€¦ I have submitted a log ā€¦

Having the same issueā€¦I actually was over at a friendā€™s house and noticed theirs was flashing red. We tried multiple things to get back online and when that failed I was about to give up and have them hit up support but I then check mine at home and noticed mine isnā€™t connected either. So it must be some larger going on.

Can you help me with This? Having the same issue

All, I am also having issue with my Wyze Lock Gateway connection with my WiFi. I tried everything restarting , setting - but nothing is working. Any pointers regarding this will be appreciated.

So, I called customer service and they said itā€™s AWS server issues.

Yes looks like AWS is having issues currently

You can see current status of items here

1 Like

Log sent for mine as well.

Thank you so much for pointing us all in the right direction!

Too bad I was so eager to ā€˜fix itā€™ that I ended up screwing it all :rofl:

Iā€™ll wait until the services are restored and then set it up again.

The bad thing in my case is that I have no access, at all. I removed the WLG from my account, hence taking the lock itself out as well. It would be SOOOOOOO nice to have it separately as well, so if (when) this issue happens again, all good but remote operation.

UPDATE I didnā€™t know I can only add 3 replies as a new user and cannot do one more. But yes, as @Stiv said: a push notification on the app would do wonders!!!

1 Like

Thanks! It would be nice if owners of devices would get an email/text letting them know there are issues.

2 Likes

In case anyone wants to keep an eye on what is happening:

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

Same here been trying all day to get the gateway connected. Tried everything possible and nothing works.

Itā€™s working now