Wyze Lock Calibration Reset?

Well I guess my lock is getting replaced too. Thanks @WyzeJonathan and @WyzeGwendolyn For helping out I truly appreciate it just waiting for the email to say that it’s going to get replaced

1 Like

the shipment came in fast, replaced them over the weekend, so far so good.
Thanks for the fast resolution.
But would love to know when the keypad will be available, so that taking trash out won’t lock myself out with Auto-Lock function :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Set a longer time for the auto lock set it for five minutes or 10 minutes. I have mine set for five minutes. Well actually now I have set for At once

1 Like

all validate setup but would really prefer a keypad :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree I can’t wait till the keypad comes out too. But until then we got a deal with what we got

so almost after a week with the replaced lock…
recalibrated 3 times
with 2 times that the Gateway just offline, within 2 ft of AP.

Since Sunday, there’s something weird
so the App listing of devices will say the door is “Open”
but once you click into the lock, it will say “Closed”

Another calibration?

Cheers,
David

1 Like

I got my replacement lock on Friday and installed it on Monday. So far it’s been a day or so roughly and I’ve had zero issues with my replacement. So I hope it’s not like yours where it’s good and then all of a sudden things start happening. I would go ahead and do a support ticket again. I do know that Jonathan mentioned that they are aware of the issue where it shows the doors open but it’s closed or closed but it’s open and they’re working on that issue.

I see that there’s another thread on the situation I described

@WyzeJonathan do I focus there or here if it still happens after another calibration today?
Thanks

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Hello @viscount,

This is a known cloud bug issue. It is reporting the wrong status to our product list status. We are aware of the issue and it will be fixed soon. This is not a calibration issue.

Regards,

2 Likes

@WyzeJonathan I received my replacement lock and installed it and I’ve had zero issues in a little over a day. My wife has even mentioned that it is quieter and smoother and even works easier with the key. So I do believe there was a hardware issue with the old lock. It was sent back today. And I have the tracking number if you would like it just let me know. Thank you for the replacement and all of the help I truly appreciate it and I hope you’re having a wonderful day.

2 Likes

Hello @WyzeJonathan

So I would do nothing until an app/firmware update?
I am also experiencing some wifi issues that I think I will need to upgrade my home wifi system.
Existing is Netgear C7800
Is there a preferred brand as I recall seeing Asus AiMesh is not suggested
I am looking at Netgear AX12 and Amplifi alien to pair up with Netgear C7800
Thanks

Cheers,
David

1 Like

I have a Netgear Orbi RBK 23. It has worked wonderfully. I have 46 Wi-Fi devices on it currently and growing. I bought mine on Amazon

Having to frequently recalibrate. Door is shut, even locked, yet shows door as “open”

1 Like

I had this problem pop up again with my replacement lock as well and chatted with support earlier. They said it’s a known problem and they are working on a resolution. It would be worth reaching out to support to get a ticket going to see if your lock has a similar issue or if it’s a hardware issue.

1 Like

Additionally, I’m going on 24 hours straight of my lock thinking the door is open after it sounded the alarm yesterday at roughly 1pm EST. @WyzeJonathan got anything for us in regards to this?

1 Like

Hello @viscount,

This issue will be fixed by our back-end engineer. You do not need to do app/firmware update.

Regards,

2 Likes

Interesting
As I search this forum, there’s this thread that provided some insight

And for Netgear, there seems to be a hard limit of clients per channel
https://kb.netgear.com/24043/How-many-clients-can-you-connect-wirelessly-to-a-NETGEAR-router

and since my existing setup is router/wifi combo, I think the 40+ devices connected are are constantly pressure testing it. I am on 1GB Comcast plan, constantly breaking 1TB monthly cap especially during the holidays and my average speed test with my Pixel 2 phone is at 100Mbps.

So in looking at the possible upgrade would Wifi 6 standard be a deal breaker with all these Smart Devices? @WyzeJonathan would love to get an opinion from Wyze as more and more smart devices we buy, all of us will need to search for a durable wifi router or we will constantly get that network unstable and complaint about the smart devices first.

Thanks

Cheers,

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I was an early adopter of the Google Mesh WiFi system when they first came on the market and have been extremely pleased with all of the features and signal strength it provides. I’ve got a hub, and two pucks, with both pucks being attached to an ethernet line coming from the modem to further strengthen the WiFi signal and reliability.

There are a couple of downsides:

1. The hub and each puck only has one Ethernet port to plug a device into, but that can be easily overcome by adding a network switch.
  2. Many of the more granular settings and options available on other routers cannot be changed or switched on this setup-forcing a specific WiFi channel or frequency, etc.
  3. If you consider yourself a power user for your WiFi router, then this system will probably lack the customization you’re looking for in a router or mesh system.

Edited to add that all of my Wyze products-2x V2 Cams, 2x Pan Cams, 2x Contact Sensor, 4x Bulbs, 4x Plugs, 1x Motion Sensor, 1x Lock function flawlessly as far as the WiFi and connectivity is concerned.

1 Like

Hello @viscount

im late to the party but I can answer your question about wifi 6.

I recently upgraded my router to what I thought what is a wifi 6 router and Ive noticed it handling everything fine and I actually think my setup ( wyze included) is running much smoother. I upgraded to a midline router because it was cheap and I plan on doing a much better upgrade in the next year or so. here is what I got wifi 6 router

now please keep reading. I got this unit mainly because my old router was severely outdated and it seemed I would be on the threshold of wifi 6…but thats only partly true.

so yes this router is wifi 6 but be aware that there are going to be 2 iterations if you will of wifi 6. this one and wifi 6e

the currently available wifi 6 routers take advantage of being able to process incoming and outgoing signals simultaneously much better and have some additional security protocols along with beam forming and signal pausing thus better product battery life BUT they do not operate on the 6mhz band. with wifi 6e you will actually be using the 6mhz band. now. considering that all wyze products operate on the 2.4mhz band and will not work on the 5ghz band, i think it is safe to say that currently they will NOT work on the 6mhz band ( the one not in use just yet) but this is only my speculation. so you can use a wifi 6 router, but for now im going to guess what when the first wifi 6e router is released wyze products will not work with them.

so do some research on wifi 6 vs wifi 6e and make sure you know what the differences are before you go to upgrade when it comes out.

here is a short article to get you started. hope it helps.

wifi 6 vs wifi 6e

4 Likes

Just an update regarding my replacement lock:

It worked fine for a few days but now the calibration only holds for less than 18 hours sometimes. I woke up to an open door alert this morning even though the thing was closed and locked. I am beyond frustrated at this point. I’ve tried all different calibration combinations to try and get it to perform as advertised, yet nothing causes it to hold calibration permanently. I have again removed my batteries from the lock and now just have a bigger bulkier version of a traditional deadbolt…why?

@WyzeJonathan or @WyzeGwendolyn how is the door open/closed position detected? With how riddled with defects and software issues this lock is, how in the world was this ever approved to ship? Simple functionality that the lock should have doesn’t even function properly. Throw that in with the absolute mess that creating rules via the Wyze app is, I don’t know how this lock could ever be released to the general public in the current state. Why does it feel like Wyze used Early Access customers as Alpha or Beta level customers in this case? But instead of getting a demo product, we paid full retail, told we are getting a fully functional item, get practically zero tech support besides replacing the lock, and zero updates as to resolving the continuing issues that have plagued this item since it first ship over a month ago? Be better.

Also, logs were submitted for both occurrences, 3301 and 3318.

2 Likes