Wyze Light Bulb connects then goes offline within 5 minutes

Connection works fine, then it keeps going offline. Have installed 4 bulbs, and 3 do this. Not a Wi-Fi proximity issue, as 2 of the 3 that go offline are closer to the router than the one that stays connected. All Wi-Fi strengths are showing full 3 bars while connected. Have removed them and reinstalled…same result. Oddly, I immediately changed the hue to the warm end, and the bulb retains this setting even when disconnected.
Thoughts ?

After more fiddling, I discovered that once you connect/pair the bulb to your app, you must always use the app to control the light. I had thought I could turn the bulb on in the app, and still have the option to turn the light on/off with the switch. But if you turn off the light with the switch, it will soon go offline in the app. Lesson learned !

Yes indeed, when you turn the bulb off in the app the WiFi and “guts” if you will, of the bulb are actually still powered on. But when you turn the bulb off with the switch the entire bulb is de-powered and therefor cannot be controlled until power is restored.

2 Likes

When I turn the bulbs back ON through the switch they still show offline in the app. Not sure how to fix that.

I think you just have to go through the setup procedure again.

If you haven’t already done so, try a factory reset and then do a fresh setup on the bulbs.

To perform a factory reset on your Wyze Bulb:

1. Turn the light switch associated with the bulb on/off 3 times
  2. Wait for the Wyze Bulb to start pulsing slowly
  3. Once the bulb starts pulsing, you can either set it up again, or turn the light off to preserve the factory state.