Wyze Leak Sensor - Alexa Integration

Would like a Notification integration with Amazon Alexa.

If Leak Detected Sound Alarm/Notification on Alexa Device of choosing.

In order to satisfy this request, you’ll need to seperately state the changes required in terms of “trigger” and “action” in the associated, existing Wishlist topics at minimum (I’m not an Alexa person, so additional requirements may be needed).

Triggers:
Add Alexa trigger: Leak Sensor detects leak
and optionally: Add Alexa trigger: Leak Sensor becomes clear

Actions:
Add Alexa action: Sound Alarm/Notification on Alexa Device of choosing.

5 Likes

You’ve got it :smiley: What @seapup said.

Trigger:
Wyze Leak Sensor Detects/Clear Leak/Water

Action:
Alexa Sounds an Alarm/Notification (multiple ways here)

3 Likes

Don’t hide it, you know you’ve got some Alexa, that was too good.

3 Likes

Everyone here at home does Alexa, except for me… I’m sticking with Google. :grinning:

2 Likes

I thought about saying Google and Alexa in my request, figured I would leave that to the Google users :wink: .
I also know a lot of this request is at the hands of Amazon, but, gotta start somewhere. If history repeats itself the capability will come in due time.

As always, thank you @Seapup

3 Likes

Don’t forget to add your trigger request to: Add more Alexa Triggers

and your action request to: Add more Alexa Actions

2 Likes

I have 2 requests for Leak Sensor: use a sound alarm on HMS and/or Alexa to set up Alexa Says or Notification. I have a few alarms and would be nice for Alexa to Say which alarm is being used.

[Mod Note]: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The request listed at the top would allow leak sensor-to-Alexa integration. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. For leak sensor-to-HMS alarm integration, please vote on this wishlist request.

2 Likes

Cause water leak to send an iOS (iPhone) Critical Alert notification. The critical alert breaks through all mute settings

A water leak cost me $60K. Theft wasn’t even close.

Update: Critical alerts can now be requested for leak sensor events under HMS Home Monitoring Settings > Environment > Hazard Remediation. Sensor Hub App 2.34.0 (b3)

1 Like

is there any updates on this. Wyze has many devices connected with Alexa.

Connecting to leak sensors makes too much sense!! Imagine if Alexa announced hotwater tank leak… Wow.

1 Like

From what I am reading online, Alexa doesn’t support leak sensors. There are some leak sensor devices that say they work with Alexa, but they seem to be multi-function sensors and it looks like they only have their temperature sensing or humidity functions that go through Alexa and not the leak trigger reports. And I am reading lots of users saying that Alexa doesn’t support leak sensors at all.

If anyone has any information that indicates otherwise, I’d love a source, but until then I think this is actually Alexa’s fault, not Wyze’s. People will need to convince the Alexa team to add support for Leak sensors and THEN I am sure it will be a lot easier to convince Wyze to add that integration.

Until then, does anyone know if IFTTT has Wyze Leak sensor triggers in it? If so, then we can probably do a workaround to get it to work in Alexa as a virtual switch.
I wonder if the Hubitat Wyze API supports the leak sensors, then a virtual switch is definitely possible that way. :thinking:

Edit: I just thought of a way Android users could do this using virtualsmarthome webhooks and Macrodroid, as I talk about a little bit here: Wyze Leak Sensor/Climate Sensor Audible Notification - #32 by carverofchoice

Anyway, it seems the way to make requests to Alexa to support new things is the following:

• In the Alexa app, go to Settings > Help & Feedback > Send Feedback. You can choose a category and write your suggestion or request.
  • You can use the Alexa Voice Feedback feature to tell Alexa what you like or dislike about it. To do this, say “Alexa, I have feedback” and then share your thoughts.
  • You can use the Amazon Developer Forums to post your ideas or questions about Alexa development. You can also browse other topics and see what other developers are working on
  • You can use the Amazon Customer Service page to contact Amazon support and ask for help or report a problem with Alexa

Anyone interested in this, I would recommend that several us start submitting requests for Alexa to add Leak sensor support. Wyze can’t do anything about this until Alexa makes it possible in the first place. That’s step 1.

1 Like

No. IFTTT does not have Leak Sensor Trigger options.

Second workaround option is using a Wyze Plug as a relay device which does have on\off triggers in both Alexa and in IFTTT.

Do an IFTTT Explore option search for the MotionVoiceOver app to see how it has been done.

In the case of that IFTTT applet, it is unnecessarily involving two extra platforms, IFTTT & mkZense. Alexa is capable of receiving the Trigger from the Wyze Plug and executing a Voice Response Action and other Smart Device Actions without the need for IFTTT or the mkZense service webhook.

IFTTT Applet: Wyze Sensor Trigger → Wyze Rule → Wyze Plug Action → Triggers IFTTT Applet → mkZense Trigger Service Action (webhook\skill) → Triggers Alexa Routine → Alexa Voice Announcement and\or Smart Device Actions

Alexa Routine only: Wyze Sensor Trigger → Wyze Rule → Wyze Plug Action → IFTTT Applet → mkZense Trigger Service (webhook\skill) → Triggers Alexa Routine → Alexa Voice Announcement and\or Smart Device Actions

1 Like

And that is why SlabSlayer is a Maven

2 Likes

Yeah, he is a rules master.

1 Like