Wyze is a Chinese Company ( Discussion Continued)

the topic/discussion was fine but did require posters to tip toe through the tulips,but bigmonkey managed to stomp on one or more. His comment “No political statement was intended strictly used for a comparison” says alot including about the influencing power of listening to only ones own choir .
IMOpinion the moderators could just step in and nip it ,but not necessariy stop this discussion at this point.

correct…both sides

Well said, nls. I agree completely. Racial, ethnic, or national prejudice has no place in any intelligent discussion. It is not only factually wrong, but often results in harm being done to innocent people. How the topic changed from computer viewing of camera videos to ignorant bigoted conspiracy theories is beyond comprehension.

2 Likes

I think the topic should simply be pruned

1 Like

That proverb means if something is wrong we should ignore it. :blush:

3 Likes

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

(Both political rhetoric/discussion and even continued posts commenting solely about other posts being political are not within the community guidelines as both types basically fall under “no-content replies” not “relevant to Wyze,” “diverting a topic,” and they both continue to escalate the situation, as does a lot of using the word “you” when we are upset wth something. The appropriate course of action in cases like this is to simply flag the mods by pressing the flag icon and leave it to them to watch the thread without us drawing extra attention. In the meantime, Wyze provides us the option with doing our own moderation by unfollowing threads or muting & blocking individuals who we are upset with. I have done this with a few accounts myself. Then I can continue to enjoy the forum without worrying I’ll have upsetting emotions in the future with things I don’t want to be subjected to. I suggest people consider implementing these options to make their forum experience more enjoyable for them personally.)

I will try to help transition things back a little bit more on topic here…

So, back on topic…(Wyze being part of or distinct from other other Chinese companies)

One thing we hear a lot is that Wyze is a part of Xiaomi. Although this is part of the same misconception that Wyze is part of Hualai. Some people also think that Xiaomi and Hualai are the same company just as is being discussed about Wyze and Hualai here. Xiaomi also uses Hualai as a supplier, and so Wyze and Xiaomi have some similar products, sometimes using the exact same hardware in some cases. However, here is an interesting article that helps to show some evidence that Wyze is NOT Xiaomi and neither of them are Hualai:

Yep, Wyze is suing Xiaomi (and Roborock). So obviously Wyze is not Xiaomi, and Hualai can’t be the parent company of both Wyze and Xiaomi or a lot of this starts to seem absurd. It would mean that Wyze is suing ITSELF. If Hualai owned Xiaomi or Wyze or Both, this lawsuit and the issues with Amazon would make absolutely no sense. Hualai would own the patent and grant itself the right to allow both Wyze and Xiaomi/Roborock to be on Amazon. Amazon absolutely sees them as DISTINCT companies that are not subsidiaries of Hualai or related to each other. Wyze is not suing itself to be able to stay on Amazon. So despite Hualai making the same claims about Wyze and Xiaomi being “their product” as was stated…we see that what was meant is that several of the products Xiaomi and Wyze offer are products that Hualai made for them, and that those wyze and Xiaomi products are THIERS (Hualai’s), not that the companies Wyze or Xiaomi are Hualai’s companies or subsidiaries. That is not the case, this even despite the fact that Xiaomi was one of the main ones who led Hualai’s Angel investing:

So then we can start asking what makes more sense? What is the most logical and likely and reasonable explanation?

1. Things are extremely complicated with a huge conspiracy and tons of deception and manipulation and weird things going on with a lot of logical contradictions and confusing and contradicting evidence in order to obfuscate reality, and they’ve really tricked all the governments and other mega-corporations and it all goes really far down the rabbit hole, requiring a lot of mental gymnastics and ignoring contrary evidence to make it work…or…
  2. Wyze uses Hualai as one of their suppliers, and Xiaomi also uses the same supplier (this might even be the primary supplier for both companies). They both also use other suppliers for other products.

Now #2 is what Wyze has been telling us from the beginning over and over again. 99% of everything I read and research continues to lend support to hypothesis #2. I won’t say that #1 is impossible…and I will admit I somewhat turned it into a sort of straw-man example…but that is how it is starting to look to me…still, even without the exaggerations, #2 is still definitely the simplest explanation, the most reasonable and logical, and is what has been publicly stated from the beginning, so I am still siding with hypothesis #2 for now: Wyze is an American company that leverages resources from other suppliers, as do other companies like Xiaomi.

Honestly, most cameras have a Chinese supplier anyway. Eufy cams are made in China. iPhones are made in China. Nest cameras have been made in China, Taiwan and Malaysia. Ring Doorbells were accidentally sending data to China for a while, Arlo had some hardware from China and Vietnam. Vivint security = made in China… Most tech companies have some kind of supplier or connection to China. Honestly, I am not sure why it is such a big deal if Wyze has some Chinese suppliers. That’s pretty normal and standard in this industry, especially if they’re trying to make tech affordable to anyone. If I was hearing of Wyze for the first time, saw their prices for their products, I would be > 90% sure they had a Chinese supplier…so none of this should be surprising or revealing that they have connections to Chinese suppliers…

But if Wyze was Hualai, all they’d have to do is threaten Xiaomi to sign an agreement to let them post the vacuum on Amazon or they’ll cut them off from getting anymore of all the products they manufacture for Xiaomi…but Wyze isn’t Hualai, and neither is Xiaomi. Wyze and Xiaomi are beefing precisely because they have no direct relationship with each other. Xiaomi isn’t working with Wyze, they are both separately working with Hualai. It really is that simple and is just as Wyze has been saying all along. No cognitive gymnastics necessary.

EDIT UPDATE: Wyze won the Lawsuit against Xiaomi, which would be ridiculous if Wyze was Xiaomi. Also, it proves that Xiaomi is not the design owner to the device. This lawsuit win for Wyze pretty much puts a nail in the coffin of that whole conspiracy from a legal standpoint.

8 Likes

For others’ edification: Click an offensive user’s name. Then click it again. Then change from Normal to Ignored, and set the time limit (I recommend “Forever”). This will make your life here and on similar forums a LOT more pleasant.

4 Likes

That said, I sure wish much more stuff like this were built in the US.

Good idea. Then you could pay 4 or more times as much for the same product. For a $20 camera, no big deal. But for a $1,000 smartphone…

@Customer, Excellent explanation and very handy tip. Thank you.

I can save three clicks and simply ignore that post(er) going forward too.

Thanks again. Didn’t know that.

1 Like

Well yeah I think we’re all aware of the current economic realities. Thus “wish”. :frowning:

You’re welcome. I had to hunt for it the first time.

Can you see me? :grin:

1 Like

Wow, Some of this Wyze stuff comes from China? Didn’t know that. I think this is the first things ever shipped to the good old US of A from China… Right? Right? Is that right? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?

4 Likes

Presumably, you’re in the US, right? So. What’s stopping you?

Coding isn’t magic. You don’t have to be born into a secret kabal to learn how to make things… Build a better, cheaper, made in USA, meat eating, flag waving, gun toting alternative to TUTK.

I guarantee if your amazing American self can do a better job for less, Wyze and other companies will trip over eachother to give you their money.

1 Like

Uhhhh doggies, turn up the AC

You are attacking the wrong person.

proxy-image(10)

2 Likes

attacking? defensive much?

Okay.

1 Like

Ha!

Sitting deep in the woods

… If I start a post

… and no one responds

… does that mean everyone has blocked me?

Slightly paranoid, here. Feeling ignored.

1 Like

I see you, but maybe no one has a response they consider worthwhile.

1 Like