Wyze is a Chinese Company ( Discussion Continued)

proxy-image(3)

1 Like

No political statement was intended strictly used for a comparison

1 Like

Hmmm. I swear that one of the Wyze forum rules was to not get political. To make an “blanket” “name calling” statement like this … well, it’s not something I want to log onto Wyze to read. I also don’t like to read “Wyze is a Chinese company” sort of rhetoric or anything political or inflammitory.

Please everyone, tone it down. We’re here to read and talk about all things Wyze not politics.

@UserCustomerGwen, @HDRock and moderators … I would delete this entire thread!

Take a clue from ^^^^^^^^^ this!

5 Likes

I agree … none of this thread belongs on this forum. It’s gotta go.

1 Like

The mods were kind enough to split it off from the other thread as off topic. I am always impressed that Wyze allows such critical discussion, even if it might have started in bad faith (?), It’s not likely to go anywhere good, true, and I might change the topic title, but I don’t think it needs “disappearing”, just locking if it gets out of hand…

6 Likes

You’re correct @todwatts… the Keep It Tidy list from the Community Guidelines mentions that in the second bullet point.

There are quite a few posts/threads that should be removed from the forum, but Wyze is quite open to criticism or opposing views which is utterly amazing to me. Other company forums would instantly remove any posts/threads that spew any unfavorable comments (and, suspend members without hesitation if they continue to post negativity towards their products and/or company).

All you can do, is… read, sigh, drink more of your favorite morning beverage and move forward to other threads/posts. Of course, don’t forget you can take the time to flag a post if you want the Mods to review it :face_with_monocle:

Thanks for the laugh. Also, I didn’t realize that coffee was a good way to clean my monitor screen (although, not recommended by the manufacturer).

4 Likes

Bringing up Presidents (past and present) (and their sons) as well as making discouraging remarks and references to who voted for whom HAS NO PLACE in any discussion about Wyze cameras.

It should be viewed as strictly political … and strictly inflammatory. And I agree, is not likely to go anywhere good, @Customer.

For Wyze forum moderators to allow such comments to stand (on either political side) shows a bias that only serves to divide.

2 Likes

Come on! Can’t you see that this is purely political and that half the country feels otherwise?

Personally, I don’t care which side of the political equation you or anyone else is on!

As Rodney King said “Can’t we just get along?” … and talk about Wyze stuff! (Ok, he didn’t say that last part, but I am.)

It’s not that difficult!

Moderators, please enforce the forum rules!

@UserCustomerGwen @WyzeDongsheng

[Mod Note: the political references in the original post quoted were removed]

3 Likes

Personally, I use Diet Pepsi to clean my screen occasionally.

1 Like

There was nothing political about the statement I’m just comparing people you choose which group you’re in

I’m done with this particular thread

There was nothing political about the post other than the reference to the position held and the group associated

I referred only to the followers I was making a comparison of two different groups of people.

Put a fork in it, it’s done!!!

Please keep politics out of the forum. I was a supporter of the previous president and you just insulted me, a 30 year veteran in the tech industry as a software engineer. I’m not dumb, nor do I believe everything I hear. I take the time to look at the rumor AND the facts.

There are dumb, easily led people on both sides, so don’t start a damn political argument in a tech forum.

9 Likes

I think the topic title should definitely be changed.
The title of the topic is a false statement about Wyze and it also implies prejudice and racism against one of America’s trading partners.
It reminds me, at my age, of the insanity against Japan and against Asian Americans during the early days of the ascendency of American popularity of automobiles manufactured in and imported from Japan.
Prejudice against so-called “foreigners” and “people who don’t look like us” has been stoked and inflamed by many groups over the past four years, some in high places and many have become susceptible to its arguments and false implications.
I admire Wyze very much but they should not allow the forum to be used in this way.

2 Likes

the topic/discussion was fine but did require posters to tip toe through the tulips,but bigmonkey managed to stomp on one or more. His comment “No political statement was intended strictly used for a comparison” says alot including about the influencing power of listening to only ones own choir .
IMOpinion the moderators could just step in and nip it ,but not necessariy stop this discussion at this point.

correct…both sides

Well said, nls. I agree completely. Racial, ethnic, or national prejudice has no place in any intelligent discussion. It is not only factually wrong, but often results in harm being done to innocent people. How the topic changed from computer viewing of camera videos to ignorant bigoted conspiracy theories is beyond comprehension.

2 Likes

I think the topic should simply be pruned

1 Like

That proverb means if something is wrong we should ignore it. :blush:

3 Likes

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

(Both political rhetoric/discussion and even continued posts commenting solely about other posts being political are not within the community guidelines as both types basically fall under “no-content replies” not “relevant to Wyze,” “diverting a topic,” and they both continue to escalate the situation, as does a lot of using the word “you” when we are upset wth something. The appropriate course of action in cases like this is to simply flag the mods by pressing the flag icon and leave it to them to watch the thread without us drawing extra attention. In the meantime, Wyze provides us the option with doing our own moderation by unfollowing threads or muting & blocking individuals who we are upset with. I have done this with a few accounts myself. Then I can continue to enjoy the forum without worrying I’ll have upsetting emotions in the future with things I don’t want to be subjected to. I suggest people consider implementing these options to make their forum experience more enjoyable for them personally.)

I will try to help transition things back a little bit more on topic here…

So, back on topic…(Wyze being part of or distinct from other other Chinese companies)

One thing we hear a lot is that Wyze is a part of Xiaomi. Although this is part of the same misconception that Wyze is part of Hualai. Some people also think that Xiaomi and Hualai are the same company just as is being discussed about Wyze and Hualai here. Xiaomi also uses Hualai as a supplier, and so Wyze and Xiaomi have some similar products, sometimes using the exact same hardware in some cases. However, here is an interesting article that helps to show some evidence that Wyze is NOT Xiaomi and neither of them are Hualai:

Yep, Wyze is suing Xiaomi (and Roborock). So obviously Wyze is not Xiaomi, and Hualai can’t be the parent company of both Wyze and Xiaomi or a lot of this starts to seem absurd. It would mean that Wyze is suing ITSELF. If Hualai owned Xiaomi or Wyze or Both, this lawsuit and the issues with Amazon would make absolutely no sense. Hualai would own the patent and grant itself the right to allow both Wyze and Xiaomi/Roborock to be on Amazon. Amazon absolutely sees them as DISTINCT companies that are not subsidiaries of Hualai or related to each other. Wyze is not suing itself to be able to stay on Amazon. So despite Hualai making the same claims about Wyze and Xiaomi being “their product” as was stated…we see that what was meant is that several of the products Xiaomi and Wyze offer are products that Hualai made for them, and that those wyze and Xiaomi products are THIERS (Hualai’s), not that the companies Wyze or Xiaomi are Hualai’s companies or subsidiaries. That is not the case, this even despite the fact that Xiaomi was one of the main ones who led Hualai’s Angel investing:

So then we can start asking what makes more sense? What is the most logical and likely and reasonable explanation?

1. Things are extremely complicated with a huge conspiracy and tons of deception and manipulation and weird things going on with a lot of logical contradictions and confusing and contradicting evidence in order to obfuscate reality, and they’ve really tricked all the governments and other mega-corporations and it all goes really far down the rabbit hole, requiring a lot of mental gymnastics and ignoring contrary evidence to make it work…or…
  2. Wyze uses Hualai as one of their suppliers, and Xiaomi also uses the same supplier (this might even be the primary supplier for both companies). They both also use other suppliers for other products.

Now #2 is what Wyze has been telling us from the beginning over and over again. 99% of everything I read and research continues to lend support to hypothesis #2. I won’t say that #1 is impossible…and I will admit I somewhat turned it into a sort of straw-man example…but that is how it is starting to look to me…still, even without the exaggerations, #2 is still definitely the simplest explanation, the most reasonable and logical, and is what has been publicly stated from the beginning, so I am still siding with hypothesis #2 for now: Wyze is an American company that leverages resources from other suppliers, as do other companies like Xiaomi.

Honestly, most cameras have a Chinese supplier anyway. Eufy cams are made in China. iPhones are made in China. Nest cameras have been made in China, Taiwan and Malaysia. Ring Doorbells were accidentally sending data to China for a while, Arlo had some hardware from China and Vietnam. Vivint security = made in China… Most tech companies have some kind of supplier or connection to China. Honestly, I am not sure why it is such a big deal if Wyze has some Chinese suppliers. That’s pretty normal and standard in this industry, especially if they’re trying to make tech affordable to anyone. If I was hearing of Wyze for the first time, saw their prices for their products, I would be > 90% sure they had a Chinese supplier…so none of this should be surprising or revealing that they have connections to Chinese suppliers…

But if Wyze was Hualai, all they’d have to do is threaten Xiaomi to sign an agreement to let them post the vacuum on Amazon or they’ll cut them off from getting anymore of all the products they manufacture for Xiaomi…but Wyze isn’t Hualai, and neither is Xiaomi. Wyze and Xiaomi are beefing precisely because they have no direct relationship with each other. Xiaomi isn’t working with Wyze, they are both separately working with Hualai. It really is that simple and is just as Wyze has been saying all along. No cognitive gymnastics necessary.

EDIT UPDATE: Wyze won the Lawsuit against Xiaomi, which would be ridiculous if Wyze was Xiaomi. Also, it proves that Xiaomi is not the design owner to the device. This lawsuit win for Wyze pretty much puts a nail in the coffin of that whole conspiracy from a legal standpoint.

8 Likes