Wyze is a Chinese Company ( Discussion Continued)

Thanks buddy, that is fair enough, I guess I was trying to make the point that in general, the mods don’t have responsibility for Wyze’s silence nor get to tell Wyze what to do, so we can’t really assign meaning based on their (mods/mavens) participation rates in a particular thread if they decide or feel they have nothing productive to add to it, and can’t speak for Wyze. I was not particularly addressing whether or not someone from Wyze ideally should have addressed the concern.

I do think it would be prudent for someone from Wyze to at least reassure people that they are aware of the release and provide some information or plans they’ve taken to remain secure. I certainly don’t disagree with that. If I worked for or consulted with Wyze, I would have recommended this.

Yeah, I don’t know if WebRTC changes TUTK need or not, but there was a Twitter thread going on about how Wyze’s WebRTC was replacing TUTK and TUTK wouldn’t be used anymore. I am not saying Twitter is any kind of reliable source :rofl: but my response was in the context of “if this is true, then…”

Thanks @peepeep I apologize if I implied you disliked the mods/mavens, I know you get along well with and respect them. I have seen them all happily interact with and joke around with you and be glad to see you again when you returned from your hiatus. Part of my response was not particularly directed toward as it was in general for other passive thread observers.

Though I have one correction to make in your response, I do not find you annoying. :slight_smile: I actually quite enjoy your playful, whimsical, intelligent, entertaining flavor in the forum. I have thought about asking you questions to know more about you or looking through your profile to pin my finger on things such as demographic information to have a better picture in my head, but I actively decided that I want to leave all that unknown and enjoy the wonderful mystery with you, so please don’t tell me! I love what you bring to the community.

But I do fully concede that I am annoying in my own way :rofl:
Again, apologies if it seemed like I was inferring things I did not mean to…sometimes my responses take into consideration that there are a great many passive observers burglarizing the public discourse :slight_smile: So part of the reason I was more detailed is not because I felt you needed to know, but to make sure others didn’t misunderstand or misjudge the mods/mavens…I did know you like them (and they you) based on past discussions involving them. :wink:

Much Respect.

5 Likes