Wyze In Response: Thermometers and Webcam Firmware Available

Nelsonclan’s answer to your post is by far the best description I have seen of the directions to follow to make it work (vs. what was published with the release). After struggling to get it to work with the original instructions, I followed these and it worked the first time around. Thanks!

2 Likes

The other advantage I liked was that I did not have to give my payment information to yet another company.

4 Likes

In today’s world that is actually a big plus. Sad but true.

Add the shipping. Here is the Thermometer in their shopping cart ready to go. $57.89. Wyze’s includes shipping. So pretty much a wash.

3 Likes

You make some great points but you also have to remember that Waze has pushed ship dates and even when they have shipped things that they said would be there in 3 to 5 business days it’s taking some people up to 15 days to get their stuff- business days. So you can’t say that they paired with Wyze for Wyze’s infrastructure. They don’t have an infrastructure yet that you would want to count on.

1 Like

Again then just refer them to the original company. If there’s no difference in price. Order one from Wyze and order one from that original company and see which one you get first.

The one I ordered from Wyze just popped up on my Informed Delivery app. It will arrive tomorrow or Saturday. I just ordered one per your recommendation (I will give it my son).

Oh, whoops just got an email from iHealth. Theirs are now back ordered. One from Wyze still coming.

3 Likes

You really think it’ll be there tomorrow would you like to put some money on it

Just an update, received my USB cables today and was able to successfully convert 2 cameras. It seems to work with anything that uses a webcam at this point (Messenger, Teams, Roll20, etc.). Actual Webcam won’t get here for another week, so this definitely works in a pinch.

4 Likes

Yup. I ordered on Tuesday, got shipping notification Wednesday, and now USPS Informed Delivery indicates package in transit with Saturday delivery date…

I don’t see any issue with that process.

4 Likes

All I’m saying is, if for marketing hype, goodwill, appearances, whatever - Wyze negotiated with a partner to source a limited supply for its user base, and has subsequently afforded its user base those products, at no additional cost to the user.

What’s the beef with this one???

3 Likes

Well the thing is if you notice what’s his name up there placed an order with Wyze and with the original company. Wyze had it, the original company was back ordered. How many people would think to go to Wyze to order thermometer? No how many people would think to go to the company that sells them to order a thermometer? Wyze should’ve just referred people to that company so that they didn’t run out of stock. After all that’s probably were 99% of the people are going to go to look. I doubt you even get one percent of the people that are going to say hmmmm I wonder if Wyze has them.

Since you said yours showed in informed delivery I checked mine and sure enough it was there. It has not assigned a delivery date yet but the process is started and I did not have to give out payment info to a company I don’t know much about.

2 Likes

That’s how it usually looks when I order from Wyze. 9 out of 10 times I get it within 2-3 days of it showing up in informed delivery. But of course it’s at the mercy of USPS so your mileage may vary! :grin:

Not wanting to give your information to a company you don’t know much about is probably why people buy wyze products through Amazon

You must live close to Seattle then. Or wherever their distribution center is because it’s always longer than three days for me

Eastern seaboard here.

Hey me too! In North Carolina, Raleigh specifically. Was born and raised in Connecticut and Upstate New York however.

Well I’m in Iowa and it takes typically 5 to 7 business days for me to get any product from them. So I’ve pretty much switch to Amazon

I went with wyze. I have been with them since the beginning. Would rather be with them thaeybtake care of us. Just heard some people could not get them.

2 Likes