Wyze Home Monitoring Sensors Turn Off Notifications

I get that I can turn off notifications… however, when an alarm goes off, I would not be notified until called by the company. With all other security systems, a lot happens when an alarm goes off that affects your phone to alert you before you are called by the monitoring company. Wyze monitoring doesn’t.

While it might be wonderful on ios… not so on android. ADT, Xfinity Home both had great systems that worked very well with android. I just an not sure why Wyze can’t emulate those systems…

YYYYEEEESSSS!!! What you said SlabSlayer!!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Zone Control - Allow sensors to be separated into multiple zones

That is not the intent of this wishlist request. This wishlist request simply seeks to provide the user with the ability to individually customize each sensor notification for each HMS mode (Disarmed, Home and Away). If implemented, this will provide automatic notification enabling/disabling per sensor based on HMS mode state change.

Tying HMS states/modes to triggers for automation (Rules) is located here:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Canadian Store

I’d like to also add that I’d like to see this on a per sensor level as well. For example, I don’t want to be notified of motion in my living room BUT would like to keep the notification for my back door getting OPENED even if I’m home and the alarm is OFF. The best way I see to do this is to add the notification options on a sensor level. Put these options in each sensor that can be connected and used for the HMS alarm section.

Notifications when Armed HOME y/n
Notifications when Armed AWAY y/n
Notifications when Disarmed y/n

Then, because I’m a complex person (LOL), I’d like to have it where the notification goes to either just the base unit via a “ding” or both the base unit and push notification depending on if armed or disarmed. So, while I want to know that my back door was opened even when the alarm is disarmed, I want to know only via the “ding” on the base unit. But, if armed, ding the base unit and send the push notification to my phone.

1 Like

I would like to be able to mute notifications automatically when the system is in a disarmed state. At present, we get non-stop notifications of our movement around the house. A quick Google search for “wyze disable notifications when home” shows many people asking for this, but all the replies are to make a schedule, global setting, or individual device settings, none of which address the simple need. I had a very long chat with a Wyze Wizard who recommended I submit the request here. Please consider adding a checkbox somewhere in the Monitoring Setup page to synchronize notifications to arm state. Ideally you would be able to exclude certain sensors when in the “armed Home” state.
Thanks!

2 Likes