Wyze Home Monitoring Sensors Turn Off Notifications

I’m not sure how something this simple became so complicated.
When the home monitoring system is disarmed mute and or do not send any push notifications option.
When it’s armed in home or away allow all notifications.

2 Likes

That is what at least I’m doing right now…we have figured that much out. Our request if you haven’t noticed is to simply have the option to have rules that would enable and Disable notifications with HMS status changes. This way we can do one press of a button on the keypad and all options are taken care of rather than to have to open the app also to make necessary changes for individual sensors (depending on what you want or not)

The original post was not about rules specifically it was about automatically turning off notifications when disarmed.
As usual a simple request is complicated as the posts get added.
It would seem that making the HMS available in the device list would solve the problem.

2 Likes

This is a common sense request that should have been implemented from the start.

4 Likes

Agree - the number of notifications I get (why do I care when a door was closed???) makes me ignore the notifications entirely (actually turned them off in my iphone) which is completely against the point. I would like to be able to say what I want notifications for (for me, only something that triggers an alarm). I’d also like to have the HMS chime when a door is open.

4 Likes

I created a routine on Alexa for notifications. It just started to work fine
WRT notifications you can turn them off on each sensor. It’s not ideal but it’s something. Yes they are annoying. :joy:

The thing with this is that some people might not use the sense connected with HMS so they would want notifications when open/close.
Now, there could be a rule in place for this not to be the case when HMS is connected. That’s something else.

I agree with Merk and 40MikeMike. Disable should be disable and not send any notifications.

1 Like

I just installed my wyze doorbell cam and I can’t use the notifications because I need to turn them off for the monitoring ”Disarmed” notifications defect. So, it’s either get notifications for everything or nothing.

I’m considering switching back to my old Simplisafe monitoring system.

1 Like

The only thing I would add to disabled is the ability to turn on specific sensors because some people want a chime feature, but the default should be silent when disabled.

I grouped my window sensors together and created a rule to turn off notifications for the window group only. So my doorbell still notifies me. Before I arm my alarm I can see what sensors are open.

The Wyze Home Monitoring System is a great value but there is no way to shut off notifications if the system is disarmed! While the door alarms are manageable, the motion sensors drive me crazy. Every time I go into a room, I get a notification. Yesterday I had 30 notifications just walking around the house. Turning off notifications means I have to reset them when I leave or the alarm won’t work. How about if the system is “Disarmed”, you don’t get motion sensor alerts?

3 Likes

Agreed 100% The struggle with this one is real.

This will hopefully be addressed/discussed during today’s reddit AMA session with Wyze.

2 Likes

Disarmed and Home mode should not spam notifications. Really need an option for this.

2 Likes

Seems to me there is pretty much a complete agreement that disabled should MEAN this includes disabled notifications, but that Wyze has chosen to completely ignore this speaks volumes to me as to how they view their customers. I’ve moved on…to Blink. Later Wyze.

2 Likes

Bye, @PNGento

I have the Core Starter Kit.

When it is Disarmed, we need the option to turn off notifications,

1 Like

Welcome to the club.

1 Like

Drove me nuts this morning. I walked out of the house and got 7 notifications. Motion (3x), door (open and close), then garage door (open and close).

1 Like

Yeah… DISARMED should disarm everything as it does with any other alarm system.

Seems to me to be an easy update, and if the powers that be are unsure, then just give use the option in any mode to choose whether notifications will be sent.

1 Like