Wyze Home Monitoring Sensors Turn Off Notifications

I’ll have to give this a try and respond back once I test it out … additional confirmation could help others with a similar problem as well. Stay tuned!

Just set mine up. Turned off notifications. Set to Home, got no notification of which door was opened when alarm went off.

Yes it does. I just tested it identified front door.
Edit: it appears that a generic notification display first. Within the app it’ll state which sensor triggered the alarm with the option to enter code and cancel the alarm.

Wow! You can test my system from your place? Mine does not show which sensor caused the alarm. Only by going into the sensor group can you see which is open. No individual notification. My Ismart alarm did this very well. Hope they decide to make some changes as so many have asked for notifications to only be off when alarm is disabled.

1 Like

Just another +1 here. Definitely thought my Google search was going to take me to an answer I was silly for missing, not a hundred people saying “me too”.

1 Like

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

Have you tried location based rules? I have rules setup to change camera settings and notifications for different sensors depending upon whether or not I’m home.

1 Like

Absolutely, it drives me nuts!!!
C’mon Wyze… get it together!!!

All you need to do is disable notifications for any sensors that you wish.

I think what we are asking for is for the arm\disarm away\home state modes to be automatic triggers for disabling notifications from armed\disarmed sensors rather than to manually be toggling notifications. If I don’t want to hear from door contact sensors or motion sensors while I am home disarmed, but I do want to hear from my cams and window sensors, I should be able to tie that status change action to the disarm trigger rather than needing to take additional steps to turn these off\on.

Disabling notifications from the sensors is a global setting not affected by the alarm state and would need to be toggled back on individually for each sensor or thru an additional rule, which is still too clickey.

Yes, but those on-duty sensors will still trigger the alarm and you’ll still receive the notification that the alarm is active (and which sensor tripped the alarm). Isn’t that essentially the same?

You are absolutely correct, it is redundant. However, with the past failure of Wyze to deliver notifications in a timely manner, if at all, redundancy is a good thing.

EDIT… Also, once an alarm is tripped, any other sensor that is subsequently tripped during that alarm time would not send any notifications either.

1 Like

I get that I can turn off notifications… however, when an alarm goes off, I would not be notified until called by the company. With all other security systems, a lot happens when an alarm goes off that affects your phone to alert you before you are called by the monitoring company. Wyze monitoring doesn’t.

While it might be wonderful on ios… not so on android. ADT, Xfinity Home both had great systems that worked very well with android. I just an not sure why Wyze can’t emulate those systems…

YYYYEEEESSSS!!! What you said SlabSlayer!!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Zone Control - Allow sensors to be separated into multiple zones

That is not the intent of this wishlist request. This wishlist request simply seeks to provide the user with the ability to individually customize each sensor notification for each HMS mode (Disarmed, Home and Away). If implemented, this will provide automatic notification enabling/disabling per sensor based on HMS mode state change.

Tying HMS states/modes to triggers for automation (Rules) is located here:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Canadian Store

I’d like to also add that I’d like to see this on a per sensor level as well. For example, I don’t want to be notified of motion in my living room BUT would like to keep the notification for my back door getting OPENED even if I’m home and the alarm is OFF. The best way I see to do this is to add the notification options on a sensor level. Put these options in each sensor that can be connected and used for the HMS alarm section.

Notifications when Armed HOME y/n
Notifications when Armed AWAY y/n
Notifications when Disarmed y/n

Then, because I’m a complex person (LOL), I’d like to have it where the notification goes to either just the base unit via a “ding” or both the base unit and push notification depending on if armed or disarmed. So, while I want to know that my back door was opened even when the alarm is disarmed, I want to know only via the “ding” on the base unit. But, if armed, ding the base unit and send the push notification to my phone.

1 Like