Wyze Home Monitor Keypad

I got my core starter kit in. I had at first issues adding any of the sensors to the hub. After working with support I got the contact sensors and motion to connect to hub. But keypad refuses. Already reset it. Even changed batteries. Anyone else have this issue? Still waiting on support. Kinda disappointed that I can’t get this setup and working.

Hi @briankessler and welcome the the community forum! :slightly_smiling_face:
When you hold the reset button in back does the “Home” light on keypad illuminate?
Had this problem, changed battery and waiting for support, too.
Guessing replacements currently unavailable.

Yeah everything lights up like normal. Even says time out on the pad. And can’t continue setting up with out it.

Didn’t get that far. Someone else may be along to help. Meatime can point you to HMS Setup Guide.
(https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360059026571-Wyze-Home-Monitoring-Setup-Guide#h_01F2QVYNSP5KT7E9725EB31AQS)

And the services page: (Wyze Home Monitoring Service)

I didn’t have any problems setting mine up. Everything went really smoothly so far, even adding V1 sensors over to the hub…so hopefully we can figure out what the cause is for yours, or get it replaced if necessary, because it should work fairly easily.

Can you check what firmware it is showing your Hub has?
Also, What App version are you using?

Also, did you add sensors by clicking on the hub then add the specific sensor from there? Or did you click add sensor from the home screen? Also, I assume you did make sure to select that you were adding the new V2 sensor instead of the V1 sensors, right? Just making sure that’s not where the issue is.

I have the starter core. App and firmware all latest version. I was following the step by step in the app. Still waiting on support. I will update if I get a solution though for the community.

You are pressing the reset button Not the Red alarm button on the side

Yes because it says connection time out on the keypad after a min. There is something wrong with the hardware but no answer from support yet.

After it times out, create a log file from the Wyze Sense Hub / Wyze Support.
Then send the Log Ticket Number in a reply to the eMail you received from Support.

1 Like

Yes I have done that already. Waiting for response back from them.

I’m having the exact same issue. Set up went smooth and then in the middle of the night it showed not connected. I deleted the device and attempted to re-pair. I do the reset, it lights up the home button and then fails to pair. Has there been a solution? This is ridiculous to have an issue like this right out the gate.

I was able to get it to resolve on its own by pulling batteries over night. Recently I had the hub disconnect. I had to unplug it and let that battery die and add it back. So far I do t trust this at all as a security system. If things don’t improve I won’t be renewing this subscription.

Oh and support was useless. I been trying to get them to respond for weeks. I had to tell them I fixed it on my own and didn’t get a response back for almost 2 weeks that I had it resolved.

I am having the same issue, was working for a day, then it showed disconnected. I have two keypads, one’s still working. The other keypad is a paperweight at this point.