WYZE Headphones Product Suggestions

I’d like to submit a request for a future software improvement for the Wyze Headphones. It would be very convenient to be able to remap the volume up and volume down to skip forward and back respectively.

The middle, play button is to small and difficult to find quickly when needing to skip through ads on a podcast or skip music tracks when running.

I know everyone might not like this feature so maybe having it as a toggle option in the app for remapping those buttons would

I don’t know if it’s even possible with the hardware used in the Wyze headphones, but I think it would be great if it were possible to control playback with the right earpiece’s touch pad.

Ideally, both swipe gestures and tap sequences would be available for users to assign desired functions, but even just a couple extra tap sequences (like single tap to play/pause, triple tap to skip track, and/or assign different function to double tap).

The super small middle button is hard to find when I’m exercising and want to skip tracks. I feel like the volume buttons take up a lot of space for doing only that one job.

Maybe an option to toggle to that in the app would be good?

4 Likes

Add a mute function on the headphones, please. Not being able to do this is frustrating and will end up switching to other headphones. I hope the new ear buds have this already!

You have wireless headphones with a mute function? Interesting. I’ve had at least a dozen different sets and don’t remember any having that. I’m not implying it isn’t useful, genuinely curious, because maybe I can level up my headphone usage. What scenario would you want to mute but not take your headphones off, or pause, or use the “cover to awareness mode” feature?

I requested this feature, to me when you place your hand over the ear, to listen outside of the headset.

Imagine you’re on a call, your three year old comes up to ask a zillion questions… Do I just want to quiet the call down to listen to my kid but have the entire call hear every question? No, I would like it to mute the mic at that time. what situation would lowering the volume of a call, so you can hear something outside the headset, be ideal for the entire call you hear everything in your house?

Ohhhh, I get it, mute the MICROPHONE. Duh, sorry, yeah, I can definitely see wanting that feature, and having some kind of audible confirmation that it’s muted. Great idea!!

The middle button is too small to find quickly, for instance when running or exercising. I know that it might be difficult to remap the touch controls to swipe for skipping on the right earcup, but it might make sense to remap the skip buttons to the volume controls. A double tap on the volume up would skip forward and volume down would skip backwards.

This would work great with music and podcasts, podcasts skipping forward in time and skipping songs in playlists.

Again it would be amazing to use a swipe gesture using the right earcup, but if that isn’t possible, giving us an option in the app to use the double tap on the play/pause button or double tap on the volume.

2 Likes

the Wyse head phone this will make a big improvement on them
first the bass and treble are muffed could because of the sound adjustments
the head phone i had before these sounded a lot better and they where only $35.00
and the Wyse sound worse because the treble is scratchy and bass not clear f they fix that that will be worth the cost no add adobe atoms they will be one of the best sounding head phone and take care of the equalizer it not good at all it just makes it sound worse but if they do some thing like adobe atoms EQ that’s golden but as of right now i am not Shure worth the price. but they are still ok they are not the best but i will give it to them for the NC that’s good but its like they high light it on the app and nothing to control the headphones on the mane menu if make a app do it right thats all hope this helps every one

Love the sound capabilities of the headphones but the placement of the controls is awful and the controls are too small. I have to remove the headphones to adjust the volume or use Alexa. The double tap did not work right out of the box but I just don’t want to deal with returns since I’m very happy with the sound. Larger buttons and better placement would be great.

Enhance the headphones to allow the microphone to be enabled all the time, not just in a call.

I want to use the headphones on devices other than a phone. Since there will be no phone calls, I can’t use the built-in microphone for any other purposes. I do some freelance work online that sometimes requires that I give voice samples to help train artificial intelligence systems and voice recognition systems. So, I need to be able to listen and speak.

For the build quality and fantastic price point, I am very pleased with the headphone. However, it was a disappointment not be able to utilize the built-in microphones. I do have to buy a separate bluetooth clip-on lapel microphone to complement the headphone. It would have been nice to not have to make this additional purchase.

This feature would be easiest to implement by simply leaving the microphone on all the time while continuing to allow the user the option to mute the microphone whenever they want to. A more complicated way would be to have an extra step to perform after the pairing process for the user to specify whether to continue using the microphone only during calls, or if they want it on all the time. My preference would be the simpler approach.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic that has several potential feature requests listed for the Wyze headphones. Give it a vote to help it along!

I recently experienced damage to my headphones from normal use. The headband broke (not so much broke, as a plastic panel in the lower inside part of the headband broke/popped out from flexing to put around my neck).

They were still functional, but without the plastic sheath, the one headband would just poke into my head. I was able to get it replaced courtesy of support (great support team!).

My recommendation is - make the ‘sheath’ area of the headband out of metal, or a stronger plastic, to minimize this result for other users or for the long term viability of the product.

While only one side actually broke, there were signs of stress on the same sheath/panel piece of plastic on the other side of the headband as well.

A Save feature for the equalizer would be a good addition. So that if you accidentally change the Custom settings, you can just choose the saved file(s) to go back. Instead of having to re-do the setting. You can also save modified versions of the presets. Everyone has different auditory perception. Listening to a movie or tv show late at night, is different than listening to music. Would be good to save multiple custom presets for each use.

2 Likes

In App showing list of devices connected to headphones

I would like to be able to see the devices my headphones is connected to. I have multiple bluetooth devices, like computer, MacBook, iPhone, other family iPhone. Reading in the app which device is connected to the headphones would be extremely helpful and save time.

Additional Equalizer Channels

Hello Wyzards!

I was hoping that the Wyze Noise-Cancelling headphones could get the android app updated to add additional equalizer channels. I noticed that the standard earbuds have a 6-channel equalizer; however, the Noise-Cancelling headphones only have a 4-channel equalizer, however they are more than double the price.

I believe this would be a simple update to the app to copy the code from the earbud equalizer to the headphone equalizer. It would be even better if there was actually an option to select the amount of channels the equalizer has to allow you to select if you want either “Simple-Moderate-or-Advanced” equalizer mode, so people who are audiophiles can enjoy the Noise-cancelling headphones as much as the average user.

I know to quote Niel from support “…we don’t provide further information about (why the equalizer channels cannot be increased), and we will not change this in the future.” However Felyn from support stated “Although we don’t have plans in changing the equalizers just yet, we will make sure to take note of this and forward this to our product team. But the best way to get ideas on our official (Roadmap) is through our (Wishlist) where users can post and vote on feature requests,” hence I am requesting this in the Wishlist, hoping it is a simple enough change to the software (and potentially firmware) that it will be able to be on the roadmap in the future.

Thanks for your amazing products and I look forward to seeing this feature implemented in future updates.

1 Like

Feature Request: Headphones 4 Hour Auto-Off

Please add additional time lengths for auto power off to the headphones. For example, 2, 4 and 8 hours.

I use the head phones for call center style work and sometimes there can be more than 1 hour between calls and it would be good to have them stay on, but on the flip side if you forget to shut them off at the end of the day it makes for a bad experiencing the following morning.

I have owned them since Dec 2020.

Main suggestions:
Stronger plastic or maybe even metal for hinge points. My plastic is cracked up and held together by duct tape.
Improved microphone (not great for zoom or phone calls.) Maybe needs better noise rejection to clarify the microphone.
Quality control issues; The right ear piece occasionally stops working. A good tap and it starts back up. Happened at about a year so I didn’t expect it would be under warranty at that point.

I’d pay $50 for better microphone and better material quality :slight_smile: Even at $129 it is less than half of say Bose, Sony, or Sennheiser, which initially retail at $300-400. Thinking of replacing the ones I have now, but want to know when v2.0 is coming out!

I have owned the headphones since they were first released and I have noticed something kind of strange about the noise cancellation, it used to be a really powerful cancellation that was crazy effective but somewhere along the way (one of the firmware updates) it quit being as good as it was. I used to be able to put them on and see people’s lips moving and not hear a word, but now I hear everything that is being said. I would give up all of the updates and fixes to go back to that level of noise cancellation. What happened? How can I go back?

I have noticed that too, and if I fiddle, rearrange or sometimes even touch the left earphone the sound goes out and I have to turn it off and reconnect. Some slight bugs I think.

—John Putnam

Replacement parts for Wyze headphones

The plastic door part that covers the left side slide mechanism on my headphones has shattered; its not exposed to impact from the outside, it just failed during normal use. I’d like to be able to replace that bit of plastic, it’s held in with a couple of screws.