Wyze Headphones cutting out

I’m just starting to experience the same issues you’ve had. Up to this point, I’ve had the headphones linked with an Android phone as well as an iPhone 8, primarily listening to music wirelessly, and have no problems.
Yesterday, I was using them when I got a phone call, and they worked without any issue (although not being able to hear yourself talking is a bit disconcerting). Today, I’ve been using the iphone to listen to an audiobook, using the Overdrive app, when they started cutting out. And yes, it is occurring about every 20 minutes or so. The Wyze app shows the battery level is about 60%.

Interesting!!!

Yeah so mine were doing the exact same crashing thing, while wired too. I tested out my father’s pair of the same headphones, which he purchased at least a few weeks before mine. His worked connected for a few hours- no crashing, no problems, and he’s never had an issue with his own computers/phones either. He also has not done the latest firmware update; he’s still on the one that ends in 82. I had updated mine the first night I got them, so I’m not sure if this is related to the problem or not.

I purchased mine on Amazon; I just did the return process and got a new pair- this second pair is working fine so far, connecting without issue, not crashing when opening different apps. Been able to listen to music for more than 10 to 20 minutes. I’ve decided I’m not going to update to the latest firmware until we get any more information from Wyze.

Like JBDragon, I pre-ordered mine, direct from Wyze.

WOOT!! Possible workaround :tada: :tada: :tada:

I had a response on my support ticket suggesting I try only pairing with one bluetood device at a time. I just finished a 90 minute video call without a single restart! \o/

Thanks to Kenneth in support for keeping the communication open.

I’m having this issue as well. I think it’s caused by being connected to two different devices and you’re doing something on the one, and then the other device plays a sound, or tries to, and it makes the headphones freak out. Sometimes I get these disconnects and sometimes I don’t.

It seems to be triggered by sounds on one device cutting in over something else that’s playing. I’m on the latest beta firmware and seem to have encountered this since I got the headphones. Lot of times this happens on Zoom calls on my phone or laptop, and gets really frustrating when trying to discuss something for work and I get frustrated and turn them off.

@andycapps614 I solved my cutout issues by disconnecting my second device. I was getting disconnected during calls as well. I agree, very frustrating.

1 Like

Yeah I’ll give that a try, and it’s good to know that that helps until they can do a firmware fix, just not ideal. Thanks for the tip.

So the tactical solution is to disconnect these from my iPhone when using on my computer?

I wiped out my connection to my Windows 10 Desktop and the only connection I had was to my iPad and it was still doing it. I thought there was a period where it was GOOD and not doing it and then it crashed on me,

I was thinking the same thing, That maybe it was because of being connected to 2 devices at once and fighting each other. The end result is crashing. But after doing a number of tests, Nope. It didn’t fix the issue for me.

I have sent WYZE my iPad Logs in the hope they see what is going on and fix it in a future firmware update. I doubt they are going to tell me anything else.

Ya, At first I thought it was OK, it seems to work longer then 20 minutes for me. The next day I tried again and thought, OK, it seems fine, and then CRASH, nope that was about 20 minutes. I was only connected to my iPad.

There might be something to the duel connections. Sometimes it’s fine, and other times, crash, crash, crash. But I did send WYZE my Logs. I hope it helps them figure out what is going on.

This is an issue for me too. Exactly what JB has done I have done. So frustrating as I love the headphones but when you are on a call and actively talking and it does It over and over. My co-workers laugh and expected it now which is sad.

I love the battery life, comfort and when it doesn’t random cut off the performance. I have been anxiously waiting a firmware upgrade for this. Please please please.

Ya, if it wasn’t for the crashing around the 20 min mark over and over and over and over and over and over and over, well you get the point, they would be great headsets. They feel nice to wear. The Active Noise Cancelation works fantastic. Great battery life I think, I don’t know personally as I can’t take wearing them for long. Ya, just what you need, your headphones crashing in the middle of a call. That really has to suck.

I have to say, I just got some new Airpod Pro’s. Got a decent price on them, but still expensive. But at least they actually work!!! No crashing. The ANC is great. I have some issues with these staying in my ears currently. Something that wasn’t an issue with my old AirPods. I got them for when I’m out and about, as I won’t want to wear the large WYZE headphones which I really got for home use. I love how these new Airpods will auto switch from my iPhone to my iPad depending on which I’m using. My Originals wouldn’t do that. I would have to go into the settings and then hit connect. These new pros, Nope!!! The Waze work similarly. I was going between my iPad and Windows 10 Desktop. I don’t know if as well, because of all the crashing and dealing with that.

I do look every day for a firmware fix. I stopped recommending these headphones to others for now. Even if these things were $10, I wouldn’t recommend them. You just don’t know how annoying it can be unless it’s doing it to you. I want to use them NOW, but I just refuse to put them on. I don’t want to deal with the crashing.

Same here. Would love to recommend but can’t right now. I still used them and take a chance when my Jabra phone headset dies. The jabra only lasts about 90 mins but Wyze I can get 3-4 days. I usually make sure calls I just mainly have to listen to use Wyze but would love to use all the time.

Last night I stayed away from my computer and used the Wyze headphones to listen to music on my phone. After 90 mins no crash but I was not in a call or near my laptop which I used the Wyze headset for work calls all day. Again my team laughs about when it crashes as they see me put my hand up asking for a minute. They all say I should used a different headset but I keep looking daily for a firmware fix. I’m gonna give it a few more weeks then will have to move on which I really don’t want to.

I am having the exact same problem you described - crashing/rebooting (loud buzz followed by “Power on…Connected”) every 15-20 minutes. When I am outside shoveling snow with a hood on, I need to take my gloves off, fish the iPhone out of my pocket, restart the podcast, pull my hood back and change it back to transparency mode because the headphones always reboot into noise cancellation mode. The problem is very annoying and prevents me from recommending them to friends, like I have done for all the other Wyze products I own. After submitting a ticket, I have been going back and forth with someone who is reasonably responsive, but I haven’t heard any solution to my problem. I had pre-ordered the headphones in mid-October and had them shipped to me in early December. I wonder if the crashing/rebooting was a problem with only the early shipments because there are folks who seem to have no issues.

I’m sure there is a connection in the batch of headphones we received. I cant imagine, well I can imagine, that all of the other owners of these headphones don’t use them longer than 20 mins at a time.

Support has been a JOKE.

I sent two requests and received just one canned email to “reconnect” the headphones. I replied and got nothing in return.

I’m cancelling all of my other pre-orders as well. Ill wait until Amazon or Google buys this little start-up and wants to charge double for the products.

I agree support has been a joke. I’m a strong supporter of Wyze and love the headphones but really need this resolved. They seriously have free advertising on each call we are all on especially video calls. Wyze needs to decide if it will be good or bad advertising.

If a new product such as the headphones goes into March without another firmware upgrade to resolve this then I will really lose faith and will unfortunately need to move on.

1 Like

So today I timed it each time. It varies. Sometimes 20 minutes. Sometimes 28 and one time just over 30. One time while actively talking. Teams audio calls. I did decide to test on the same laptop which is Windows 10 to just let music play continuously and after an hour no drop at all.

I really hope a firmware update comes out for the audio call issue as this would make the headphones a slammed dunk for all day every day usage.

I had them connected to my iPhone while I was outside to mow my lawns. It works great to cut out a lot of the lawnmower noise. Not connected to anything else, and it was still doing it to me. But I got my lawns done quickly enough and then took them off and put them back down, Probably until I have to mow my lawn once again. I can deal with them there, and when the music stops after the crash, not a big deal, I’ll start it playing once again then I have a chance, but the ANC is working once again and killing most of the noise which I can most about.

I got a notification in the beta app that new firmware v2.1.126 was out so I just installed. Will see if it changes things.

Interesting, there’s a mode for ANC being off as well as transparency. So instead of just ANC or transparency now there’s an OFF mode as well.